Leicester Vs. Reading - SS2 - 5:20 - (28/8/10)

• Thread starter Thread starter Joneesy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 28
  • Views Views 1K

Who's Going To Win?

• Leicester City

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Reading FC

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Joneesy

CHAMPI2NS
Reaction score
Leicester City 1-2 Reading FC
Full Time

Two teams searching for their first Championship wins meet on Saturday as Leicester host Reading, live on Sky Sports HD2 and 2. The Foxes come into the game on the back of a 2-1 Carling Cup success at Leeds while the Royals were upset by Northampton in midweek on penalties. Leicester, who finished fifth in the table last year, currently sit second from bottom in the early running while Reading are 19th in the standings.

Leicester City Team News:
Matty Fryatt is expected to feature after missing the games at Burnley and Leeds due to an Achilles problem. Boss Paulo Sousa will check on Chris Wealeafter a shoulder injury sustained at Burnley saw him miss out in midweek.

Reading FC Team News:
Left-back Marcus Williams, midfielder Jem Karacan and winger Michail Antonio all picked up knocks against the Cobblers, with Antonio having to be replaced at the break. While right-back Julian Kelly is definitely out after pulling his hamstring. First-choice Andy Griffin is still struggling with a hamstring injury of his own. Midfielder Jay Tabb is out after he had ankle surgery this week Joining Ingimarsson and Chris Armstrong.

Possible formations

Leicester City:

Ikeme
Lamey - Hobbs - Morrison - Berner
Wellens - Moussa - Moreno - Gallagher
Fryatt - Howard
*Got it of a Forum.
Reading FC:

Federici
Gunnarsson - Mills - Pearce - Cummings
McAnuff - Sigurdsson - Howard - Kebe
Hunt - Long​

Last Time The Teams Met:

The last time these teams met was on Wednesday 24 March 2010 at the Walkers Stadium where Reading came away victorious 1-2 after a late spot kick from Top Goalscorer last season Gylfi Sigurdsson. Jimmy Kebe gave the Royals the lead in the 16th minutes with a smartly place shot through Weale's legs. Martin Waghorn leveled the score in the 40th minute from a well placed shot into the bottom right corner. But in the dying minutes of the game Leicester icon Solano gave away a penalty after bring down Simon Church in the box. Gylfi Sigurdsson as always coolly placed the ball into the bottom corner to win it for The Royals.

Sky Sports Two - 5:20 - 28TH August.

---

Predictions & Talk about the game below.

I'm prediction a 3-1 Win for Leicester. Reading's goal coming from Noel Hunt.​

Last edited:
Nothing to do with Reading deserves a thread.

Reading to lose 2-0. Come on you foxes!

Any team who has Jem Karacan and Brian Howard, deserve to win..

Reading to win 3-1 That Young Icelander to score for reading, along with Kebe and Hunt. Andy King to get City's goal

nope id rather watch paint dry

why is the poll closed ?

i wanted to vote Reading :S

I dont think i will doesnt really apeal to me sorry (A)

---------- Post added at 01:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:47 PM ----------

thats a bit harsh mate Reading and Leicester are better than Selbourne !!
1. Spell it right its not hard
2. maybe they are but look at the amount of money spent by them clubs in comparison to shelbourne
3. Have you ever seen Shelbourne play or are you too much of a glory hunter for that.

1. Spell it right its not hard
2. maybe they are but look at the amount of money spent by them clubs in comparison to shelbourne
3. Have you ever seen Shelbourne play or are you too much of a glory hunter for that.

Lets not ruin the guys thread mate(A)

I hope Leicester win, just so that Jones will be ****** off :wub:

Don't see why this doesn't deserve it's own thread. Not going to be watching though, as United is on.

May aswell make a thread for it, I've seen mid week games in League 1 have threads so no problem with this, anyway I'll probably watch, depends how **** the United game is. :)

Reading Team News:

Jem Karacan shockingly starts for Reading today.

Federici
Gunnarsson - Pearce - Mills - Cummings
McAnuff - Howard - Karacan - Kebe
Sigurdsson
Long​

I dunno Leicester Team news, so if anyone could help, it would be appreciated.

Back