Ed TFC Wylie

Reaction score
Vichai Raksriaksorn: Good evening ladies and gentlemen, I'm happy to announce our new manager Edward Wylie. Nigel Pearson's 8 hours in charge came to an end last night after being kidnapped and exported to Venezuela. Does anyone have any questions?

Press: Hello, Herbert Cumberdale here from the Sun. Edward do you feel you are the right man for the job?

Edward: Yes, when inheriting such a talented squad my job shall be much easier. However, we still need to work hard and perform week in week out to satisfy the pundits and the great fans at this club. With one or two additions to the squad my formation and philosophy shall work a treat and we should be regarded as serious candidates for promotion.

Press: Hello, Rupert Solop here from the Sky Sports. Although this is your first day in charge how are you going to give each player playing time? You have around 6 quality centre midfielders.

Edward: That may be the case, some players will have to move on for sure. I'm hoping to keep a balance of young and experience in the centre of the park. You can't deny what a fine squad we have.

Vichai: Our goal this season is promotion to the Premier League, an FA Cup run would be a bonus. I have a lot of confidence in Edward and he shall be given funds to further strengthen the team if need be.

Press: Hello, Garth Crooks from BBC. Sven spent a lot of money before you and it didn't seem to work, how will you make it work.

Edward: Good question Garth. I regard myself as a motivater, I drill the words "If they can do it, why can't we?" "If we try, results will reflect" If the players don't believe in themselves then neither will I.

Vichai: Thank you everyone that will be all. Edward has a lot of work to do.

Edward: Thank you everyone, enjoy this season of success at this Football Club.

The next day soon came and it was my first training session. Veteran Steve Howard was setting an example of getting to the training ground early, I took the opportunity to have a chat with him.

Edward: Hi Steve, have you kept yourself fit over the summer?

Steve: Yes Gaffer, I've kept myself fit so I can remain in your plans?

Edward: I see you as being an important player for this team, you shall help the young lads on and off the pitch. However, if you don't perform then you won't be picked. I pick players based on form.

Steve: I understand boss, just a word of advice. I play best as a target man.

Edward: Thanks Steve, I'll remember that.

About 10 minutes passed as I greeted the players as they came through the training ground gates. They seemed a high spirited bunch of lads which is always nice. I'm not looking forward to informing those who won't feature in my plans. I walked into my new office and sat down, taking it all in. I got myself a piece of paper and started to write down who will go. I came to the conclusion that Paul Gallagher, Llyod Dyer, Matt Oakley, Bruno Berner, Richie Wellens and Chris Weale shall be sold. They were all fairly old and didn't feature in my plans. I told my assistant to take the first 10 minutes of the training session. After thinking about what to say to the players that I was selling I came to a conclusion. The training pitch was beautiful and Sol Bamba took full advantage after giving Yuki Abe a heft challenge. I stopped the session and called the players I needed to my office.

Edward: Good morning lads, I hope you're all well. Now, I'm sorry to tell you this but you don't feature in my plans. I will try and find a new club for you all. We'll be playing a 4-3-3 this season and none of you will fit the bill to star in it.

Paul Gallagher: If we're not going to get football here then I guess we'll have to move. You seem like you know what you're going to do this season and won't change the formation, good luck gaffer. I'd love a move to London, please let me talk to a London club?

Edward: I will do Paul, I think you other lads should follow his lead, you're near the end of your careers and you should go and enjoy these days while they last.

I will have to make my stand on the training pitch tomorrow, I've got a meeting with the chairman later on to discuss transfer budgets and targets.

The meeting was about to begin, I parked my car just outside Vichai's large home and admired his collection of cars. I approached his large glass front door and was greeted by a butler on my arrival. I told him I have a meeting with Mr Raksriaksorn. He led me through to a very large modern office, a large fish tank in the middle of the room was the main feature of the room.

Vichai: Ah Mr Wylie, please take a seat. Drink?

Edward: No thank you. I'm driving, haha.

Vichai: Very well, lets get down to business. We are expecting promotion and will give you the required funds to achieve it. We're expecting the play offs at least and we shall give you 4.5m to spend to just do that. However if you wish to challenge for the title we'll happily give you 6.5m to spend and 400k a week on wages. Now you said wanted to discuss targets? Who did you have in mind?

Edward: Mr Raksriaksorn I think I'll challenge for the title. I'll get you Premiership football. I want another left back, a goalkeeper for cover, possibly a centre midfielder and two strikers. I've been looking through our scout reports and I believe Shola Ameobi could be a good player for us, I'd like to get him on loan with the view of making the deal permenant. We'll have to pay 13k of his wages. I'd also like Jay Rodriguez from Burnley, he has a lot of potential and if we time the transfer correctly we can get him for around 4-5m. If I find a real coup then I'd also like them, we might need more scouts so we can scout South America and European countries. I shall be offloading a fair few fringe players aswell to help balance the books slightly.

Vichai: My my. You have thought about this a lot haven't you. I'm willing to offer you some more money after hearing your ideas. I'm very sorry Edward but I have a meeting with my Chief Executive. Have a safe journey back.

Edward: Thank you.

He gave me a lot to think about. There's a lot of money to spend, I need to spend it wisely.

i'll follow mate !! tips: just try and add maybe a bit more colour and seperate the paragraphs more !!

I'll follow :) doing a leicester game myself...up to prem in second seaons, won the n power :)

View attachment 203742View attachment 203743View attachment 203747View attachment 203744

After being given the nod by the chairman I was delighted to have signed Jack Collison. It was a hefty fee but he still has time to develop and will be in the first team after promotion.

I needed another centre half and got offered Kucher. He is an experienced player who is key to this seasons plans.

Shola Ameobi was a signing that some of the fans might be quite angered by, he is a great player who is strong and quick, he can come off the bench and score. I told him that I have full faith in him and if he can get us over 20 goals I'll sign him in the summer. His confidence seemed to be boosted somewhat.

The final signing was Rhys Williams, he can play in a variety of positions. He's also very young and can develop.

I'm very happy with the signings, on a sour note I could not get rid of the ageing Wellens, I told him he has no future but he's determined to prove me wrong, I'll give him the chance. I received an offer for Yuki Abe which I accepted as he is also ageing. My first 11 is:

4-3-3

Schmeichel -- Goal Keeper defend
Pantsil -- Full back automatic
Bamba -- Central Defender defend
Kucher -- Central Defender defend
Konchesky -- Full back automatic
King -- Box to box midfielder support
Fernandes Deep lying Playmaker support
Collison -- Box to box midfielder support
Beckford -- Trequarista attack
Ameobi -- Defensive Forward attack
Nugent -- Defensive Forward attack

Bench - Vassell, Mills, Howard, Williams, Wellens

The first game of the season was upon us, after an impressive pre-season I was confident going into the fixture. The game was at home to recently relegated Blackpool and we also have the return of one of the previous managers Ian Holloway. After speaking to my assistant before the game we both decided on an attacking 4-3-3 formation. After arriving at The King Power Stadium I got the lads in the dressing room and told them the team. Schmeichel, Pantsil, Kucher, Bamba, Konchesky, Collison, Fernandes, King, Vassell, Beckford, Nugent. One of the coaches took them out onto the pitch to warm up.

2:50PM The players came into the dressing room ready to play. I wanted the lads to win the game of course but also to be cautious of what the opposition can do.

Edward: Listen up. We've had a good pre-season with some impressive results. You all know what you're capable of as do I. It's the first game of the season, these fans have been waiting months for this don't let them down! If we play the way we can we'll come out on top.

King got them raring to go as they all shouted "come on!!"

View attachment 203777 The result didn't reflect the performance. After scoring late on I thought we had done enough to win it, however, the referee has other ideas. Their last gasp equaliser was offside and replays justified my point. Pantsil's red card was unprofessional and I fined him 2 weeks of wages, until that point we looked calm and composed with and without the ball.

The chairman spoke to me after the game.

Vichai: We were robbed today, I can't fault the team. You've got them playing very well.
Edward: Thank you. The lads are disappointing and rightly so, I'll be having strong words regarding the referee in the press conference.

Press: Garth Crooks from BBC. The referee gave them a goal with should have been disallowed, what is your reaction to it?
Edward: It's disappointing, the replays show the lad was offside and you knew it was offside when he looked at the linesman after scoring and going mental. On another note it was a very good performance by the team.
Press: Paul Merson from Sky Sports: Pantsil got a red card was that the changing point in the game?
Edward: I'd have to agree with that Paul, we looked very good with the ball and looked well organised at the back. I had to take off a striker and replace him with a defender, that meant we has less numbers upfront and were without a player closing down. I'll be dealing with John later on. That's all I can answer today, thanks guys.

Last edited:
Was a good read until the last paragraph. Ruined that update im afraid.

PS... Hes name is Sloth ;)

"Nigel Pearson's 8 hours in charge came to an end last night after being kidnapped and exported to Venezuela. Does anyone have any questions?"

That is a classic mate, but please keep up your edgy side!!!