Les Pailladins journey to the Champions League

MWEST94

Reaction score
Les Pailladins journey to the Champions League
200px-Montpellier_HSC_logo.svg.png

Girard Quits
After steering Montpellier to a title winning season and a place in the Champions League, Rene Girard has dramatically resigned. Girard felt Montpellier were not ambitious enough for him and felt he should be at a ‘top club’.

Montpellier have wasted no time in replacing Girard with rookie Matt West, taking over. West was a first team coach at the club and they felt he had the right character and ambition to succeed at the club. But will the fans take to this unknown manager?

Team Analysis
Goalkeeper: Pionnier – Joudren – Ligali
Joudren is a decent keeper for this league and is French, which is a bonus. Pionnier is a decent backup and Ligali has got future potential.

Defence: Bocaly – Mbiwa – Hilton – Bedimo – Congre – El Kaoutari – Stambouli – Deplagne - Jeunechamp
Defence is a strong area and has good depth. The only issue here is Hilton and Jeunechamp are getting on a bit and Deplagne is not good enough. Looking for back-up full backs. Likely defensive line up: Bocaly – Mbiwa – Congre – Bedimo

Midfield: Marveaux – Utaka – Mounier – Belhanda Estrada – Pitau – Tinhan – Ait-Fana – Cabella – Saihi – Dabo – Martin – West (player I created in editor)
The midfield is a strong area, especially on the wing, but there are a lot of older players that need replacing. Utaka, Estrada, Pitau and Marveaux are all 29 plus. Likely midfield line up: Utaka – Belhanda – Estrada – Mounier

Strikers: Charbonnier – Herrera – Camara – Sylla
This is the weakest area of the team so hopefully I can strengthen. Giroud is gone so hopefully one of these players can fill his boots. The only issue is they all play in a similar role.

Tactics:
View attachment 294996
I have decided to opt for an attacking possession-based 2-4-3-1 (a 4-2-3-1 with wingbacks).
Likely line up:
Jourdren (SK)
Mbiwa (BPD) Congre (LD)
Bocaly (WB) Marveaux (DLP) Estrada (A.) Bedimo (WB)

Utaka (IF) Belhanda (AP) Mounier (IF)
Camara (P)

Transfer targets:
111px-Ruben_Ytterg%C3%A5rd_Jensen.jpg

With limited funds I decided to ask the board for some funds which surprisingly they gave!
Targets:
Wellington Nem, Loic Nestor, Digne, Jenssen, Bressen, Anderson, John Guidetti, Admilson, David N’gog, Nangis, Mark Noble, Enzo Zidane, Adryan

Last edited: