Lescott unhappy with Moyes claims

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 20
  • Views Views 585

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Joleon Lescott rejects the criticism he received from Everton manager David Moyes during the build-up to the defender's transfer to Manchester City.

More...

he didn`t sign for the money as a child he dream`t of playing for city!lol(A) (my ****) money grabber same as the rest of them!

In some interview he said that man city have a better chance at getting in the champions league than Everton, this is the result of money getting rammed up your ****.If i was a footballer i would never play for money i would play for my dream club Everton im sure they would give me at least 5k a week and i think thats plenty to live on!

It was as soon as he handed in his transfer request that we didn't want him, then moyes pushed for as much money as he could, we didn't lose anything in my opinion

sorry to you evertonions out there but if i was lescott i would have left because everton seem to lack the ambition to move forward i know kenwright loves the club but he needs to look harder for some big investmet otherwise they will go backwards hope i'm wrong because i like traditional clubs such as everton..

Good signing for City, well played Everton tho. They didnt get bullied into selling him, Moyes is a good manager. I think he was only sold because he was starting to disrupt the changing room and obviously Everton will be happy for the cash too

apparently he is the third most expensive defender ever. really shows you how much city get ripped off cus of their wealth.

everton can't really complain that much. they have all of those lovely benjamins to roll in now :P

Lescott was 24million.

Most expensive is Nesta, who cost Milan 32million, and second is Ferdinand who cost United 29million.

yeah it was on sky sports news. 24 million is a lot for a defender.

Especially a defender like Lescott.

He isn't a bad player by any means, but that kind of money insinuates he is one of the best in the world in his position which he clearly isn't. Everton are incredibly lucky to get that much for him.

yeah it was on sky sports news. 24 million is a lot for a defender.
Especially one like Lescott lmao
I think football is going downhill now seriously..look at Liverpool - a very successful high profile team having to sign players like Kyrgiakos for 3m because they cant afford a better player while at the same time teams who are totally unsuccessful like Man City can run around spending seemingly unlimited amounts on players and are now boosted the cost of players like Lescott who before would probably have went for like..10mil? Its ridiculous

Lescott - 24m
Torres - 27m
Mark Hughes is an idiot

Wasn't the transfer fee for Torres, 24.5mill? Even closer to Lescott's.

Shut your f***ing trap Lescott,you've got what you wanted,if id of been in Moyes position id of done more than criticise you after the Arsenal game,id of smashed your effing knee caps in.

Typical gobshite footballer.

Definately went for the money. Footballers, well most of them disgust me with their greed.

Look at Jaun Sebastian Veron. He's took a pay cut just to help his club develop the youth players. Cant see Lescott, Terry, Ferdinand doing anything decent like that. No loyalty in footballers these days.

Definately went for the money. Footballers, well most of them disgust me with their greed.

Look at Jaun Sebastian Veron. He's took a pay cut just to help his club develop the youth players. Cant see Lescott, Terry, Ferdinand doing anything decent like that. No loyalty in footballers these days.
Nice example using Veron,28 million Fergie payed for him plus god knows how much in wages and the guy was a sack of ****.

Nice example using Veron,28 million Fergie payed for him plus god knows how much in wages and the guy was a sack of ****.
Yeah he failed to settle in England but that doesnt mean he himself is greddy. He didnt chose his asking price of 28mil and if thats true what he done to develop the youth i think fair play to him

i think its **** the way the likes of Everton havent been bought out by a consortium, i would say liverpool but it would be the debt that would turn off investors... but city being invested in is a joke... there destroying football buying success personally id rather see liverpool win the prem this year than them

Back