Letters to Siena

• Thread starter Thread starter Hidden
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 0
  • Views Views 860

Hidden

Reaction score
Matteo Sansone is an ex footballer who's career was cut short in Italy. He was pushed from the edge by a parish priest and part time referee and general grass roots football enthusiast Clemente Albanesi into coaching football with the youths of the area. Matteo eventually attends the coverciano coaching course but struggles to find work in Italy. By some unusual twist of faith eventually finds himself in charge of Nottingham Forest in england. The story itself will be mainly tracked through as series of letters between Matteo and Clemente.

Dear Clemente,

As I'm sure your well aware this is my first day as head coach of Nottingham Forest. They seem a little over excited by my arrival and I can't help but feel a sense of guilt. They seem to think I'm a saviour and myself I feel like a miscionary. There doesn't seem to be a whole lot I can do with the club. Finacially I cannot see myself being able to compete with the likes of leicester City. I took my first training session and was appaled at what I had seen. George Boateng for example has certainly seen better days, to mention Andy Reid. Matt Derbyshire was once seen as a possible future international here but he gives me a distinct feeling that he is a bit more of a Nicola Amouroso if you catch my drift. I will keep my opinions to myself for now, it would be incredibly unfair to set them in stone as it is only the first day.
Aside from football I've managed to settle in quite well the weather isn't to my taste but the locals are quite friendly. They seem to have alot of time for this club and I just hope I can keep their dignity in tact.
Your friend,
Matteo Sensone.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Matteo,
I can understand that you have reservations at this point. I don't know if you remember your first training session with the youths of the parish but I do. You were frustrated anyone would have been your career had been cut short by a moment of madness from a midfielder who was past and probably should have accepted that it was time to call it a day. Towards the end of the session you left early. Yet I had noticed that what you had said to the children had got through. They had gone in the space of an hour from being 22 kids running after a ball to playing something like a zonal system. Considering I had been working with them from day one I told my friend Alessandro that while you were never going to make a name for yourself in Serie A as a player I could imagine you one day coaching Juventus and maybe the Italian national team. I said this as sincerely as I could possibly have. Just give it time Matteo. You know this game better than I could ever have dreamed to.

Your friend,
Clemente.

At the moment I'm not sure on wheter anyone would interested in reading it or not, so the above is just an example. I will go into more detail(including screenshots) if there is an interest in the idea so just let me know.

Back