Potato73

Reaction score
After a year of trying to figure out a master tactic i have to admit i have probably failed quite badly so I decided upon following up on an idea that with the right players the match engine can allow the players to make the right choices rather than setting passing to short for example and limiting other passing opportunities. I predict this would go badly with a very bad team but luckily I am Barcelona( they are quite good, I guess they have played football before).

GK - Adler
LWB - Lahm
RWB -Alves
CB - Puyol
CB - Pique
DM - Mascherano
CM - Xavi
CM -Iniesta
AML - Villa
AMR - Hulk
ST - Messi

-Mentalities are all set to normal except wingers who I have set slightly more defensive as I get the impression they are more available to getting the ball that way without a sprint against a defender
-I have set all passing to mixed (slap bang in the middle of the slider).
-I have set creative freedom to very low on all players except Messi because creative freedom allows players to make runs I don't want them to neccessarily make) but I do want a spearhead of the attack (Messi) to move around so there is a forward get out pass for the midfield regularly.
-Closing Down - I have allowed the forward players to chase most players down whilst keeping the others relatively focused on staying in a position or area.
-Tackling is all set to normal just to avoid too many cards and diving into tackles without not allowing the opposition too much time
-Runs from deep - I have set majority of players onto sometimes but I have Messi set on "often" as he has to be as far forward as possible quickly after he comes deep to pass the ball. Also, Centre midfielders (not Iniesta) are set to rarely as I want them to hold and always be there to pass back if nothing is available forwards.
Runs with the ball - Everyone set to sometimes except Messi who is often because he is Messi and is a god of dribbling and I am willing to break my theory a little as nothing is as good as him dribbling.
Long Shots - All rarely as they are pretty ineffectual in my opinion
Through Balls - Everyone sometimes to further incorperate the idea that the players decide what is too much or when to do it
Cross Ball - Everyone sometimes for the same reason as above

First result using this idea Zaragoza away

RacingvBarcelonaSplitView.png

I know they had 10 men for a long time and I have pretty much the best team possible but this really should of been double figures,look at the CCC's

2nd Game - Almeria Home

I didnt have nearly as many CCC's but easily did enough to win as expected

BarcelonavAlmeraSplitView.png

3rd game - Benfica Home not incredibly hard but a bit of a test

BarcelonavBenficaSplitView.png

Still managed 6 CCC's to their 0

If there is one thing that my method is proving it is that finishing CCC's is incredibly hard compared to how easy the name "clear cut chance" implies and reminds me of when maths teachers say " it's just basic integration".

Last edited: