Reaction score
I've just started a Level 9 save with my local side ( the top level you can play in the FA Vase at ) and cannot for the life of me find a a tactic that works.

I've tried 4 different tactics (starting a new save each time to allow tactics time to be learned ) and I just can't get any results what so ever! I can't for the life of me win a game, I've tried a basic 4-4-2, a more developed 4-4-2, a 4-1-4-1 and a 4-3-3 but I can't win!

ive put together a team that should be capable of competing 2/3 leagues higher, the only reason I can think of for losing is that I've put a squad of 20 players together who have never played together before

I also don't know whether or not the fact I didn't tick 'add players to playable teams' has made it harder for myself

Does anyone have any suggestions on tactics / putting together a squad?

thanks for any help you can offer

Must admit, I've been struggling at the lower levels. This formation is doing OK for my Salford team at the moment.

Key seems to be defensive stability so far but be warned this is far from a finished product! Don't expect to score many goals but also don't expect to concede many.
View attachment 110128

With LL you often need to completely change 1st team each year. If really stuck send me your game and I will have a look and see if I can spot a problem.