LGFIRE

Reaction score
I'm probably going to get criticized as you usual for sharing new idea's, but I don't see anybody else posting ideas, guides, tips so I guess ill do it again.

Story Guide & Ideas

Before Making Story:
-Make sure your going to be 110% committed to your story, I would advice you do a story you would enjoy.
-Make a story you would enjoy and not necessary to get readers, or anything but to make your game more fun.
-Make a creative title, go for something that would grab attention and has to do with story

Twisting a Story:
-Not always all stories have to start with ex-manager getting sacked, and happens to add rookie.
-You could, make the manager die, or retire due to family, ect.
-Not always a rookie manager can take over, but also could be return of a legend (Cantona to United) or it can be a known manager (Mourinho to Arsenal) or it can even be the assistant manager take over. not always the same every time

Main Character:

-The most important part of your story is having a main character. It could be a manager, created player, player, journalist, chairman, ect.
-Once you have the Main Character, talk about your previously life, for example, were you used to work, what your childhood was like, physical features, ect
-When you sign for a club always tell people what the reason for you managing it, or why your managing it, and what you will do for the club in years to come.
-When you make a signing thats important or meaningful, tell people why you made it, or who gave you the tip to make it.

Fictional Life:
-A story is not only about press-conference or putting up the game result and giving managerial notes. You should always have a Fictional Life, which means telling what the manager does.
-In a Fictional Life, you have to add information of what your main character is does, example, he bought a new car, has a new girlfriend, is fined because of a fight in a club, he went to a club, ect
-When writing about your fictional life, give in-depth information about it, dont just say and i went to a club, explain it, like today was a great day for me at the club beacause .....

Press-Conference and Games:
-This is a main problem in the story section, all people believe that just put a game and add notes about it, or have a press-conference after a game, well it nots.
-When talking about these things, add most detail as you can, add pictures of the main players, or when in press-conference tell that something funny happened. make it more important by telling the readers, the players that joined you even add pictures of them.
-Be detailed in these things, when adding a picture add a caption ect.

Transfers:
-When updating your game about a transfer, add a twist or add information.
-When adding a twist you could say, you were in touch with the player via blackberry, and he wanted to leave the club so you snatched him. Also you could say when you get a player on a free that he terminated the contract to join the club, or even you gave the player the money to terminate the contract.
-When adding information, you should talk about how you got him, why you got him, and how he will help you're club.

Newspapers, Websites, Videos:
-Put idea's of websites for example, say goal.com said this and add pictures and make it like a goal.com report. for newspapers add information, make it look like a newspaper add pictures ect. for videos well just check my thread even though I'm highly criticized.
-Add polls in the website like goal.com does, ask the readers what player you should sign and add the options, then they will reply. Newspaper, add rumors that are fake, lead people the wrong way then make a surprise move by the opposite player.

Proof:
-Very important when making a story. Its good and nice to give proof. to show it actually happened.
-When adding proof, you have to put it in a wise place of the update, not just in the middle ect.
-When to put proof. When you make a huge transfer, like Fabregas joins Manchester for 80m sterling. (add when transfer is done, and transfer center to show how you got the money, and finances.)
also add proof in a huge match like lets say your Getafe and you just beat Barcelona 5-2, theirs were you must add the proof.
-Lastly post your league table, don't just say what position you are in.

Updating Stories:
-Update your stories, dont leave them to rote.
-How stories should be updated is easy, Monthly, Important signings, Fictional Life, ect
-Before updating, give people a "sneak peak" of something important to thats about to happen.
-When updating add as much detail as possible.

When Writing:
-When your writing the story update, you want to make sure the spelling is correct and its making sense.
-When Updating make sure that you gave an in-depth description of your update. don't just type there it is
-Very in-depth guide on writing: Eds-99's Story Help

As A Reader:
- When your reading a story, reply to their questions, or lay-out, dont just say KIU.
-Post to show the writer your reading it/following it, and pumps him up to keep going.

Story Guide by LGFire

More to Come?

Last edited:
Well done LG, will help a few people I'm sure

Updated Missing Section I will be back soon

I will be updating this tomorrow, since i forgot to mention things

Updated (New Section)

Will be updating this soon, New sections and Points

New Sections:
Proof
Transferes
Twisting

New Bullet Points:
When Writing

Copied Proof and Twists off me. (H)

Copied Proof and Twists off me. (H)
Actually no :p, i was going to post them last night but internet stop working, then i did early in the morining, saw yours and then added link to writing section :wub:

Great advice mate will be using it fo FM 2011 with out a doubt I only ever do one story will hopefully for your layout and criteria :)

Thanks for the support and good to see people using this

Will Update again, New Sections and Bullet Points

Thanx man
at least u help oda dan odaz dat simply criticise!
Keep them tips coming.
Will b chekin ua postings!