Light but solid 4-2-3-1 Wide

Reaction score
Hello,

This is a 4-2-3-1 tactic I made with Everton. It's light, to allow for tinkering, but as a base very solid.

Using this tactic I'm currently sitting 1st (or 2nd, as City has a game in hand) in the Premier League 31 games in.
We've scored the most goals of any team, and Calvert Lewin currently has 30 goals in the Prem.
We've also so far conceded the fewest goals with 26.

There are no specific player instructions except shoot less on every position, because I felt like that provided us with better goalscoring opportunities, but we still average an XG of 2-3 per game.

Please give this tactic a try, and as I said, it's made very light and simple, so that you can easily tinker it to fit your preferred system.
OI is non existent, as I feel like it more often than not confuses the players. But if you find yourself in a game where you're having troubles with a specific player, then you can of course instruct the players to mark him tighter or press him down, but I haven't found myself having to do that.

As for players, the only importance I've found so far is the simple fact that your IF have their strongest foot opposite their position, to help them cut inside.

Bear in mind that this tactic has been used actively, and I haven't tried to simulate with it.
This save is ongoing, so if you need anything more in terms of information, just let me know and I'll post an update!

Thank you :)

Edit: End of season result, we finished 2nd after City. Too many draws at the end of the season unfortunately

Attachments

• Solid 4-2-3-1.fmf
    43.8 KB · Views: 143
  • everton 4231 wide.JPG
    everton 4231 wide.JPG
    111.9 KB · Views: 432
  • everton pass map.JPG
    everton pass map.JPG
    63.8 KB · Views: 427
  • everton stats overview.JPG
    everton stats overview.JPG
    180.9 KB · Views: 223