Reaction score
A tribute to one of history's greatest ever footballers

View attachment 165208
May he rest in peace. My father has always been my idol and to this day, I still believe he is the greatest footballer who ever lived, the man who defined the 'beautiful game' as 'beautiful'. Today has been an incredibly emotional day for me and my family but everyone we know and he knew has been trying to comfort us. It's hard to lose someone after a fight with cancer like that and it might take a while for us to get over it but as my father was the one who made Ajax become of the greatest sides in the world, took his country to the final of the 1974 World Cup and as a manager made Barcelona one of the best sides in the world, I feel like I owe it to him to continue the dynasty, to continue the glory and fame associated with the name Cruyff. His name will always be on everyone's lips and after everything he's done for the game, it just seems so perfect for me to go ahead and continue his work. I'll miss you dad, our family will miss you, but most importantly; world football, will miss you.

March 25th, 2016
View attachment 165207
Frank De Boer resigns as Ajax manager

View attachment 165206

As the footballing world still tries to get over possibly the greatest footballer of all time's death, Ajax saw their day come to a dramatic end as Frank de Boer, Ajax and Netherlands legend and Johan Cruyff friend, announced he couldn't be part of Ajax's project anymore and has handed his immediate resignation. The Amsterdam club will now be looking for a new manager with no real big name linked with the Dutch team as of yet but it is believed that Jordi Cruyff, who's currently in Israel as a sporting director, could take over his father's ex-club. It's been a very emotional few days for everyone in the Netherlands with big Dutch names such as Dutch DJs, footballers and people all over the world giving their support and best wishes to the Cruyff family and hoping everyone gets better and recovers from the shock that was Cruyff's death.

RIP Cruijff, but nice to see a story in the Netherlands, unfortunately it is Ajax :mad: