Linecoigne's European Super League - the Chairman Game

Reaction score

View attachment 163349
EUROPEAN SUPER LEAGUE CHAIRMAN GAME

Hey guys and welcome to my Chairman game!

Now, I know there are already a lot of those out there but most of them are Premier League based and I just wanted to have a go at my own. Recently, I heard some rumors about people wanting to create a Super League which would basically replace the current UEFA Champions League. Florentino Perez had mentioned it in 2009 I believe, and criticized the Champions League for the rules and just the overall status of the competition. Seeing as I couldn't just do a Champions League chairman game, I decided to create my own database and replace the Premier League and Championship with two divisions with the best teams in Europe.

Before I get asked why I picked a certain team over another, I'd just like to say that the teams in the first division (called the European Super League) were selected based on their world reputation in FM. I still wanted to keep it fair and not have 5 teams from England and 5 from Spain so I tried to include some other big European leagues in there. The second division (European Premier League) teams were selected on the same basis and have some more variety as well. For now, I'm only planning on allowing teams in the first division to be human controlled but this could change if this chairman game is supported enough.

As for any chairman game, this will require you to be quite active in terms of press releases with manager announcements, transfer announcements, and manager announcements so do not join if you do not have the time (and please read all the rules to know what you're getting into!)

Before I explain the rules, I'd like to just say that I am in a chairman game myself and didn't want to start this just because they are popular this year but just because I thought a European Super League would be an interesting concept and well, playing that save alone would be a bit sad.

RULES:

Now, here goes (most rules will be inspired by existing chairman games, such as SaintMotbot's Premier League chairman game and
rishmanisation's chairman game):

Managers

1. A manager can be sacked at any point during the save, but will need to be paid a compensation fee. That is, paid the remainder of their contract with the club at the moment of sacking (imagine your manager has a year left on his contract, aka 52 weeks, and is paid 15 thousand pounds a week, you will need to pay a fee of 15 000 x 52 or 780 000 thousand pounds to let him go (A big thank to SaintMotbot for the explanation :))) IMPORTANT: All manager movements must be run by me before being announced on the thread.

As there is a second division full of teams that many of you probably support, you may take control of any promoted teams at the end of the season (3 per season). Keep in mind that if your team gets relegated, you will HAVE to do this to stay in the game.

Just like you have to pay a compensation fee to sack a manager, you will have to do the same to sign one. The same concept applies where you have to pay their wages multiplied by the amount of weeks left on their contract.

4. Any manager can be appointed as realistically, all the teams in this division have a really high reputation. This might seem like it will make the game boring, but think about it as a Champions League, running all year and where you play all the best teams in Europe twice.

Finances

Transfer budgets and wage budgets can be set to any amount to help your manager make signings but keep in mind that you will need to keep a positive balance at the end of the season.

2. In case you're not sure, your selected team's balance will be posted when each transfer window opens and closes so keep an eye for that.

Transfers/loans

1. As of right now, I do not have any other leagues and nations loaded up so the only transfers available to make for this first season will be between chairmen or with teams in the second division (Sorry, my computer doesn't run so great when too many leagues are loaded up :S).

Chairmen will have to negotiate a price that BOTH find acceptable and will BOTH have to send me a private message to confirm the transfer.

3. Transfers with clubs from the second division will be negotiated as such :

- When your team has a transfer budget of over 50 million: pay 1.5 times the player's transfer value (for example if a player is worth 30 million, you'll have to pay 45 million to get him)

- When your team has a transfer budget of 30-50 million: pay 1.25 times the player's transfer value

- When your team has a transfer budget of under 30 million: pay the player's transfer value

- For youth transfers, same rule applies except for all clubs, you must pay 3 times the player's transfer value if he's been selected for his national team and 2 times the player's value if he hasn't (youth players are players under 19 years old)

4. Loans can be negotiated between chairmen but no loan fee can be involved in the deal, it's up to them how much of the player's wages will be paid during that loan. Again, must be run by me before the announcement of the deal.

For loans with second division teams, the monthly fee needs to be of 100 000 pounds and 100% of the player's wages must be paid.

6. Free transfers are available and just like with any loans and transfers need to be run by me before being confirmed.

7. If you want to release a player, you may pay a contract compensation fee just like with the managers.

8. To transfer-list players, just make a list and post it in the thread when you announce the club's takeover.

9. One last thing about free transfers; contract offers need to be sent to me as a private message and if multiple clubs come in for the same player, I will move the player to the team who offered the highest wage. Moves for free players will only happen at the end of transfer windows to give a chance to other chairmen to offer that specific player a contract if they want to.

10. Finally, transfers and loans between clubs in the first division (aka between chairmen are unlimited but transfers and loans with teams not human-controlled are limited to 3 each, that is 3 transfers and 3 loans. Also, a maximum of two free transfers can be made in a season.

Facilities

1. I'm not sure how the rules for those will look like yet, but it is likely that chairmen will have to pay a specific value for specific facilities to be upgraded/stadiums to be expanded.

READ ALL THE RULES CAREFULLY PLEASE!

AVAILABLE TEAMS:
Sidenote: I'm sorry if the team you support or wanted to select isn't on there, I tried to select teams based on FM reputations and the amount of fans who I thought those teams would have on here
:S

I will include screenshots of all first division teams and second division teams below as well as a table with participants, their team and the link to their private messages to make it easier to communicate between chairmen (I've already selected the team I will be controlling as PSG as they are my favourite team and I am French):

European Super League

View attachment 163336
European Premier League (take a look at the teams to see who you would want to sign from them!)

View attachment 163335

[TABLE="class: grid, width: 750, align: center"]
[TR]
[TD]Team[/TD]
[TD]Chairman (click for PM)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]AC Milan[/TD]
[TD]MrWisdoman[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]AS Monaco[/TD]
[TD]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]AS Roma[/TD]
[TD]abesince1982[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Arsenal[/TD]
[TD]savan21[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Atletico de Madrid[/TD]
[TD]Znik[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Bayern[/TD]
[TD]IndiBlue[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Chelsea[/TD]
[TD]Szyger[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Dortmund[/TD]
[TD]Wuddez[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]FC Barcelona[/TD]
[TD]lewie100[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]FC Porto[/TD]
[TD]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Juventus[/TD]
[TD]AW190[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Manchester City[/TD]
[TD]FatMacedonian[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Manchester United[/TD]
[TD]rishmanisation[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Olympique Lyonnais[/TD]
[TD]manurhudson[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Paris Saint-Germain[/TD]
[TD]Linecoigne1998[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Real Madrid[/TD]
[TD]Matt419[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]SL Benfica[/TD]
[TD]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Schalke[/TD]
[TD]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Sevilla[/TD]
[TD]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Sporting CP[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

Thank you so much for reading and don't forget, have fun!
:)

Last edited:
Back