linking midfield and strikers??

andymakka9

Reaction score
i seem to struggle scoring goals and draw a lot of my matches.does anyone know how to help or link the midfield and strikers because my assistant seems to think the gap is too big

Very Simple: Adjust Mentality, Player Instructions!!!

Lower Mentality of Attackers or Inrease both midfielders and defenders Mentality (To prevent also gap batween Def and Mid.

You team will play as a unit, the closer the unit, the more they will aid each other. My strikers for example gets back often helping my team to overcome my opponent in difficult periods.

cheers mate,will give it a go.you know what individual instructions are best to use??

Defenders: Normal to the right (Before Att, (DC with high ability passing gives amazing crossbals) Creativity DC> Normal to right, WB Normal and forward running, runs with ball(Team)

Midfielders: Normal (Team), Creativity all > Normal to right, Wingers do run forward, run with ball, and cross often (No Long Shots, waste of oppurtunities) (MC plays through ball often)

Forwards: Normal to the left (Before Def, (Opposite Defenders get confused, they have freedom, but cant find space to drop ball), Creativity all Normal to right.

Closing Down to Max

Tempo Normal, Time Waste rarely, Passing depends on country, I play mid direct, Wide Setting Normal for focus mixed passing or wide for focus passing flanks/mixed for allowing players to decide (When intelligent is high and when you have good dribblers). Tackling Normal vs smaller clubs/Hard vs better clubs) Defensive Line Normal.

Zonal, Counter, Tight Marking and Offside Trap.

It is a very reliable theory, only the addition of playmaker and target man is hard to set, because when opponents close down like you (Example Barca, Arsenal), these settings are useless, and players ticked get low rating.

Keep in mind, the less complicated your tactic, the better your players will adapt and so to perform.

This is a standard method I use as basic, sometimes I make additional changes to optimize a players performance ( Example, a slow DC gets and arrow back, when fast, never to front; Same for MC's, but here fast midfielders gets arrow front. Two strikers never changes.

I also read the closing down problem for central players here on the forum, solution is to mark one man and the other zonal. I dunno if that is a good one, but I will definitely try it out.

reading a pdf file of 30 pages or just a few lines, which I wrote.

Maybe he's smart and can navigate to the bit which gives you player instructions for each role.

Dave :eek:

Your Newcastle flopping yet? :D

Lol I just got linked to this site and when I checked the Xbox leaderboard on here I see your Gamertag I had to laugh

As for Newcastle
Top of the table infact
Just scraped a 2-2 draw with Manchester United signed some good players with what little money I had

Have you bought it yet?

Going up ASDA to get it in a few hours.