Live - Saturday football

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 25
  • Views Views 1K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Manchester City go to West Ham needing a win to move joint top of the table in one of five 1500 GMT Premier League games, before Alan Pardew starts his reign as Newcastle boss against Liverpool on a busy Saturday of football.

More...

newcastle liverpool is the game to watch for me

I really do hope that Pardew gets at least a draw, I know he's not the best manager but he doesn't deserve to be hated by the Newcastle fans, he hasn't proved himself yet, it's Mike Ashley who's the ****.

Aston Villa 2-1 West Brom
Everton 1-1 Wigan
Fulham 1-3 Sunderland
Newcastle 0-2 Liverpool
Stoke 1-0 Blackpool
West Ham 1-4 Man City

Suprised if we win. Hodgson dosen't know the meaning of 'attack' away from home.

exeter v plymouth today
would be great to win and do the double over them this early in the season.(even though one was the jpt)
gutted i cant be there and was a great atmosphere last time. UTC

Fulham v Sunderland line-ups
Fulham: Schwarzer, Pantsil, Hughes, Hangeland, Salcido, Davies, Murphy, Etuhu, Dempsey, Gera, Kamara. Subs: Stockdale, Kelly, Baird, Andrew Johnson, Duff, Eddie Johnson, Greening.
Sunderland: Mignolet, Onuoha, Mensah, Ferdinand, Bardsley, Meyler, Cattermole, Henderson, Richardson, Welbeck, Bent. Subs: Gordon, Zenden, Malbranque, Angeleri, Da Silva, Elmohamady, Gyan.

Stoke v Blackpool line-ups
Stoke: Begovic, Wilkinson, Shawcross, Huth, Collins, Pennant, Whitehead, Delap, Etherington, Jones, Fuller. Subs: Sorensen, Higginbotham, Whelan, Gudjohnsen, Wilson, Walters, Sanli.
Blackpool: Kingson, Eardley, Cathcart, Evatt, Crainey, Grandin, Adam, Vaughan, Taylor-Fletcher, Campbell, Varney. Subs: Halstead, Southern, Ormerod, Euell, Phillips, Edwards, Carney.

West Ham v Man City line-ups
West Ham: Green, Faubert, Tomkins, Upson, Ben-Haim, Barrera, Spector, Parker, Stanislas, Piquionne, Obinna. Subs: Stech, Reid, Dyer, Cole, Boa Morte, Kovac, Hines.
Man City: Hart, Boateng, Toure, Kompany, Zabaleta, De Jong, Barry, Jo, Toure Yaya, Silva, Balotelli. Subs: Given, Richards, Milner, Adam Johnson, Santa Cruz, Lescott, Vieira.

Aston Villa v West Brom line-ups
Aston Villa: Friedel, Lichaj, Cuellar, Collins, Warnock, Albrighton, Hogg, Bannan, Downing, Ashley Young, Heskey. Subs: Guzan, Dunne, Pires, Carew, Delfouneso, Reo-Coker, Herd.
West Brom: Carson, Jara, Scharner, Tamas, Cech, Brunt, Dorrans, Tchoyi, Morrison, Thomas, Fortune. Subs: Myhill, Pablo, Miller, Reid, Shorey, Mulumbu, ***.

Everton v Wigan line-ups
Everton: Howard, Neville, Jagielka, Distin, Baines, Coleman, Fellaini, Rodwell, Pienaar, Cahill, Saha. Subs: Mucha, Bilyaletdinov, Beckford, Osman, Yakubu, Anichebe, Duffy.
Wigan: Al Habsi, Gohouri, Steven Caldwell, Alcaraz, Figueroa, Thomas, Diame, N'Zogbia, Watson, Cleverley, Rodallega. Subs: Pollitt, Gary Caldwell, Boselli, Gomez, McArthur, Stam, McManaman.

Man city without tevez, shall be interesting to see if balotelli steps it up.

Aston Villa 1-1 West Brom
Everton 4-0 Wigan
Fulham 2-1 Sunderland
Newcastle 1-2 Liverpool
Stoke 2-2 Blackpool
West Ham 1-2 Man City

Super Eric Lichaj starting for Villa. Bit of a forgotten man amongst Villa's young guns, great right back that he is. Decent pace and a bit of a Delapthrow as well. Also, Dunne dropped (rightly, considering his form) for King Carlos, and Emeeleesky is back.

More or less the strongest squad we could hope for, and a fearsome attacking trident behind Heskey in Downing, Young and Albrighton. Expect most attacks to come down the right: Lichaj's more attacking than Luke Young and can get forward safe in the knowledge Albrighton's work rate and energy will cover for him.

EDIT: Hey! I got onto BBC's live feed! :D

JaffaSheikh on Twitter: "Jo is preferred due to his usefulness in City's formation: as Tevez drops deep, he can become the striker. Johnson cannot."

Last edited:
I want Liverpool to win. I hope they win. It's just that, with Hodgson's abysmal away record, it's a bit difficult to envision a win for them. So, I'm gonna go for the middle ground here and expect a draw.

Hearts already 2-0 up against Aberdeen after 9 minutes.

Young you beauty!

Even more so, Albrighton you beauty!

Even even more so, DOWNING YOU BEAUTY!

1-0 to the Villa.

Last edited:
Super Eric Lichaj starting for Villa. Bit of a forgotten man amongst Villa's young guns, great right back that he is. Decent pace and a bit of a Delapthrow as well. Also, Dunne dropped (rightly, considering his form) for King Carlos, and Emeeleesky is back.

More or less the strongest squad we could hope for, and a fearsome attacking trident behind Heskey in Downing, Young and Albrighton. Expect most attacks to come down the right: Lichaj's more attacking than Luke Young and can get forward safe in the knowledge Albrighton's work rate and energy will cover for him.

EDIT: Hey! I got onto BBC's live feed! :D

JaffaSheikh on Twitter: "Jo is preferred due to his usefulness in City's formation: as Tevez drops deep, he can become the striker. Johnson cannot."
Thank you for putting that BBC guy in his place. was starting to **** me off.

Thank you for putting that BBC guy in his place. was starting to **** me off.

My point is rather redundant for this match seeing as Tevez isn't playing, but he said in general. Jo's a quality player (if a tad lazy) and fits in perfectly if Tevez is playing. I just dislike the way people think that just because one player might be better than the other, he deserves a place. You pick the best people for the team, not the other way round.

Back