• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 19
  • Views Views 853

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
sGG8E.jpg

Bolton and Stoke meet in the second FA Cup semi-final at Wembley, while Arsenal host Liverpool in a crunch Premier League match.

More...

Bolton Wanders 0 Stoke City 1. Very good goal. Goalie had no chance
2-0 Stoke. Huth with a good 'un

Last edited:
Be refreshing to see different teams in the final for a change, and a great day out for the fans of Stoke or Bolton. But if Stoke hold on to it, think they'll be tougher oppossition for City-after all they held Chelsea to a 1-1.

Edit-sounds like game over. Stoke 3 Bolton 0. Talk about a slaughter. Bolton have made some crazy mistakes. But credit to Stoke. They're definately not "anti-football" today. Impressive. Wow, Bolton fans leaving already. Some fans they are

---------- Post added at 05:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:33 PM ----------

Officially Man City v Stoke final. 4-0 now

Make that 5-0. Jesus wept

Last edited:
Bolton are a good team, how can they lose 5-0 to Stoke? Credit to Stoke though, they deserve this.

Bolton are a good team, how can they lose 5-0 to Stoke? Credit to Stoke though, they deserve this.

Some nifty passing and moving by Stoke. If I was Man City, I'd be wary. Man City are loaded with talent, but as we all know, they can be very complacent at times, and don't always respect the oppossition. Or just can't be bothered sometimes.

Seeing as the Arsenal thread is closed, I would like to add something...

To Arsenal fans moaning over the 4 extra minutes.

Extra minute added on for the RVP penalty and celebration, at LEAST, bringing it to about 99 minutes, at which time Liverpool get a free kick on the edge of the area, where he is not going to blow the whistle. After like a minute of hassle sorting out the wall it brings it to about 100 minutes on the clock. Now Wenger said that the whistle should have been blown straight after that, but you cannot blow it whilst they have the ball in the opposition box where Eboue takes down Lucas for the penalty. After a minute of complaining it reaches 102 minutes or whatever and they score.

Its called a minimum, and I'm sure you would not have been complaining if you were still chasing the game, you want the game to drag on until you score, and then end straight away. Don't work like that :)

/Rant over.

Last edited:
A great many didn't want a manure final either.

very mature...

---------- Post added at 08:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:00 PM ----------

Stoke were anything but anti football today, they played sme fantastic stuff, but Bolton were terrible

Can't wait to see Stoke in Europe next season!! ;)

Seeing as the Arsenal thread is closed, I would like to add something...

To Arsenal fans moaning over the 4 extra minutes.

Extra minute added on for the RVP penalty and celebration, at LEAST, bringing it to about 109 minutes, at which time Liverpool get a free kick on the edge of the area, where he is not going to blow the whistle. After like a minute of hassle sorting out the wall it brings it to about 100 minutes on the clock. Now Wenger said that the whistle should have been blown straight after that, but you cannot blow it whilst they have the ball in the opposition box where Eboue takes down Lucas for the penalty. After a minute of complaining it reaches 112 minutes or whatever and they score.

Its called a minimum, and I'm sure you would not have been complaining if you were still chasing the game, you want the game to drag on until you score, and then end straight away. Don't work like that :)

/Rant over.

Ahaha, what're you on about? The game was finished by 102 minutes, no idea what you're on about 109 and 112 minutes! There certainly weren't 22 minutes of injury time!

Pretty disrespectful to Stoke city and their fans after the way they played today. If you want anti-football, look at the way Man City have played during the season. Stoke were anything but. Slick passing, good movement....yeah Bolton did some shocking mistakes, but Stoke played well, and Etherington played well, as did Jones. So before people start slagging off Stoke before the Finals even been played, give them a frickin chance will you. They earned the right to be in the final against City, by doing what all football teams do. Playing to their strengths. Except today, Stoke showed they have the ability to shake things up a bit. Disregard them at your peril

I'd rather see some different teams than the same 3 or 4 each year, makes it more exciting and it's good that smaller teams get a crack at winning some silverware every so often. City will be hot favourites but I really could see Stoke springing an upset. If any team can cope with Stoke's physicality it should be City.

City will be hot favourites but I really could see Stoke springing an upset. If any team can cope with Stoke's physicality it should be City.

Thats's what Chelsea probably thought too, but ended up drawing 1-1 with Stoke. Also depends if City have any more injuries too, and wether or not they actually play together.

---------- Post added at 10:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 PM ----------

And check out Stokes 4th goal by Walters. Top drawer finish by the lad.

looking forward to the bolton match

come on the gunners!

May I ask why we're discussing today's game in last week's Sunday thread?

Back