Live text - Premier League

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 16
  • Views Views 728

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Six fixtures kick off at 1500 BST on a vital weekend of Premier League action before Manchester United take on Tottenham later.

More...

same old fukin story, man united win thanks to an awful decision by the ref which effectively turned the game in uniteds favour, typical.

They got a goal back because of the dodgy penalty...but Rooney etc ran the show in the second half.

everybody going on about the penalty... they also got four more goals....that's comprehensive to say the least...:D

Very true. By that logic Liverpool shouldn't have won because their goal came from a free-kick that wasn't, so they can shove it.

Second half we blew them away, great comeback :D. I was hoping at HT for a repeat of when we beat them 5-3 and got something similar. Awesome win today, the win of champions.

i hate man utd so much, they always seem to win :@

that's because they do :P

Why do some people do an 'Arsene Wenger'(ie; i did not see it/anything), when it was so clear, Carrick got to the ball first and push the ball to his left before Gomes stretched hands caught his legs?? Definate penalty, in my opinion.

Awesome 2nd half display! Spurs were comprehensively beaten.

Why do some people do an 'Arsene Wenger'(ie; i did not see it/anything), when it was so clear, Carrick got to the ball first and push the ball to his left before Gomes stretched hands caught his legs?? Definate penalty, in my opinion.

Awesome 2nd half display! Spurs were comprehensively beaten.

LMAO, i don't even know what to say to that except that you need a visit to specsavers.

---------- Post added at 11:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:48 PM ----------

everybody going on about the penalty... they also got four more goals....that's comprehensive to say the least...:D

Yer, after the penalty. Spurs were playing well before that and looked like they could go on to get another goal, it would have been a different story if it wasn't given, united wouldn't have scored four. Its funny how Webb is meant to be Englands top Ref and yet he misses that, even one of the commentators was saying it was a joke . .

Fair play after that though, there was only going to be one winner, Rooney was different class but Uniteds luck has to run out soon.

LMAO, i don't even know what to say to that except that you need a visit to specsavers.

---------- Post added at 11:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:48 PM ----------

Yer, after the penalty. Spurs were playing well before that and looked like they could go on to get another goal, it would have been a different story if it wasn't given, united wouldn't have scored four. Its funny how Webb is meant to be Englands top Ref and yet he misses that, even one of the commentators was saying it was a joke . .

Fair play after that though, there was only going to be one winner, Rooney was different class but Uniteds luck has to run out soon.

I guess the champions make their own luck.... n Spurs for that matter didn't get another goal....so bring on Arsenal8-|

Some people dont understand football, yes there were 4 more goals after the penalty that shouldnt have been and yes we defended poorly after that, but momentum is huge in football and you dont know football if you think that the one decision didnt have a bearing on the game. We will never know what would have happened had webb made the right decision. Its not only that decision, its the little things aswell, like booking players for silly tackles and not booking Utd players for similar if not worse tackles, Webb showed no consistency.

For clubs like mine to go to away grounds of the top 4 clubs is tough to get a result but we dont need added things going against us like poor decisions and inconsistent decisions, we need the referee to be totally on the ball and webb was very poor today.

Having said all that Utd showed again why they will be champions again and we showed why we still have some work to do, as some of the defending for the last 4 goals was very poor. I also think we are onto a good thing with Harry and next season is going to be a better one in N17.

Well... pictures says a thousand words i guess.. Whose foot was that on the ball?? Carrick was playing it smart making it so Gomes had to go thru him to get the ball. Definate penalty.

Like, Nilanjan says.. Champions make their own luck, how can anyone or any team be so lucky for the best part of 15 years or so??

sorry mate but you arent going to convince anyone, even fergie pretty much said it wasnt a penalty and ask yourself this would webb have given it up the other end? Dont think so.

gotta say that gomes did get the ball, it was the most slightest of touches but if you see it gomes diverted the ball in a different direction meaning he got the ball before clashing into carrick.

yh he did take carrick out but he got the ball first which means it wasnt a penalty bad decision in my opinion.

I didn't think it was a penalty. If that was given against us I woulda been fuming, as would Fergie, who himself knew it was hardly a pen. I was stood at the opposite end to it and could see Gomes touch the ball.

Even so, from Webb's view I can see why he gave it. And we deserved to win anyway, we were awesome in the second half.

Like, Nilanjan says.. Champions make their own luck, how can anyone or any team be so lucky for the best part of 15 years or so??

When did i say united have been lucky for 15 years ? i said their luck has to run out soon coz recently they have been winning matches where they should have dropped points, and theres a differnce between grinding out a result and just getting lucky and united have been geting lucky alot this year.

When did i say united have been lucky for 15 years ? i said their luck has to run out soon coz recently they have been winning matches where they should have dropped points, and theres a differnce between grinding out a result and just getting lucky and united have been geting lucky alot this year.

well one one dodgy penalty has all the people on back of United...that is good...^^) it gives us the incentive to go and win the title for the 3rd time in a row...while other people can keep on barking!!!!XD

---------- Post added at 01:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 AM ----------

Some people dont understand football, yes there were 4 more goals after the penalty that shouldnt have been and yes we defended poorly after that, but momentum is huge in football and you dont know football if you think that the one decision didnt have a bearing on the game. We will never know what would have happened had webb made the right decision. Its not only that decision, its the little things aswell, like booking players for silly tackles and not booking Utd players for similar if not worse tackles, Webb showed no consistency.

For clubs like mine to go to away grounds of the top 4 clubs is tough to get a result but we dont need added things going against us like poor decisions and inconsistent decisions, we need the referee to be totally on the ball and webb was very poor today.

Having said all that Utd showed again why they will be champions again and we showed why we still have some work to do, as some of the defending for the last 4 goals was very poor. I also think we are onto a good thing with Harry and next season is going to be a better one in N17.

you are saying as if Spurs are like a recently promoted team mate....they have spent money like nobody else but have only the Carling Cup to show for their efforts...n yes with that 2nd half performance we deserve the BPL title this time...(A)

the difference being what team you support.

Back