Liverpool 2-0 Bolton

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 16
  • Views Views 637

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Liverpool extend their run to six league games unbeaten as they beat Bolton at Anfield.

More...

Slowly getting better for them. Good win here, apparently the 2nd goal took a massive deflection.

Come on then Scott, what have you got to say.?

Did not see the game, well not all of it, so if people do start saying we played ****, who got the 3 points at the end of the day.

Thankfully Scott isn't online. We might survive.

I didn't see the game but by the sound of the guy commentating on it on SSN, they dominated.

Pretty poor first half tbh. Dominated them totally in the second. Aquilani is slowly getting there in terms of fitness - but Lucas had a superb cameo today.

Pretty poor first half tbh. Dominated them totally in the second. Aquilani is slowly getting there in terms of fitness - but Lucas had a superb cameo today.
never really rated lucas before today, but now i think he's higher up in the pecking order than aquilani - solely based on the fitness issue and the effort.

but Lucas had a superb cameo today.

I don't think you know how many arguments this may cause. Every one who is not a Liverpool fan thinks Lucas can play football for ****.....

.........How wrong they are​

I don't think you know how many arguments this may cause. Every one who is not a Liverpool fan thinks Lucas can play football for ****.....

.........How wrong they are​
not really consistent starting 11 material but i think he could at least keep hold of Aquilani's spot until he can step onto the pitch without having to worry about injuries. :$

Lucas is good at passing side ways, passing backwards and winning the ball, he reads the game well just like Makelele, I wouldn't call him a creative player but that is why Liverpool had Xabi Alonso and that is why they now have Aqualiani, so players like Lucas can win the ball and offload it.

Comparing makelele and lucas is laughable. Lucas is a pretty good player, but he is not that great.

Comparing makelele and lucas is laughable. Lucas is a pretty good player, but he is not that great.

He hasn't reached the same level as Makelele and probably never will but they do the same things, Makelele is just the best at it, Darren Flecther does the same thing for United.

Sorry Danny but N'gog missed an absolute sitter. Basically open goal.

Lucas is good at passing side ways, passing backwards and winning the ball, he reads the game well just like Makelele, I wouldn't call him a creative player but that is why Liverpool had Xabi Alonso and that is why they now have Aqualiani, so players like Lucas can win the ball and offload it.

i thought that was mascheranos job...? :P

Completely agree, this match was very similar to the Wolves game in my opinion. The only difference really is that we managed to grab a goal which opened the game up a bit in the second half.

I thought Aquilani had a fairly poor game though, seemed to be trying too hard to make an impression by trying to make spectacular pass each time.

I don't understand how Lucas has been pigeon holed into that role, lazy punditry I guess. If anything he is a central midfielder, he's basicly Darren Fletcher but better looking. Lucas is actually pretty poor at winning the ball back, he has a great attitude and closes down well but his tackling is below par.

I don't understand how Lucas has been pigeon holed into that role, lazy punditry I guess. If anything he is a central midfielder, he's basicly Darren Fletcher but better looking. Lucas is actually pretty poor at winning the ball back, he has a great attitude and closes down well but his tackling is below par.

i agree, id say he he was more of a park ji sung hassling type player

Back