Liverpool 2005 Champions League final tactic

• Thread starter Thread starter MWEST94
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 5K

MWEST94

Reaction score
Does anyone know the Liverpool 2005 Champions League final tactic vs AC Milan. Also any new signings to suit this tactic e.g. Smicer replacement.

Thanks.

I am not sure that the TACTIC was the key behind this win, rather the morale and what happened in the dressingroom at half time :D

but do you know if teres any players i could sign to match the team e.g someone who plays like smicer but in this time?

As harriers mentioned. Do you want the first half tactic or second half?

The first half would arguably be better due to having more possesion. In the first half liverpool enjoyed 55% possesion but in the second half it amounted to 45%.
The first half had milan have 7 shots as opposed to liverpools 5. 5 of milans were on target compared to Liverpools one.
In the second half Liverpool both teams had 9 shots. Milan with only 1 on target to Liverpools 3.

Overall it wouldnt be worth making a tactic like this as 9 games out of 10 you would lose to an equal team.

Sure it was the greatest match most people have seen. BUT a lot of that game boiled down to luck with liverpool scoring their only 3 shots on target in that match. Milans finishing was atrocious and only for their mentality at half time they would have won the game.

I can try recreate that tactic for you if you wish but dont expect results if you want me to replicate it properly.

A good player similar to Smicher would be Joquain from Malaga who is transfer listed. He isnt the fastest on the ball but does possess skill on the right wing.

As harriers mentioned. Do you want the first half tactic or second half?

The first half would arguably be better due to having more possesion. In the first half liverpool enjoyed 55% possesion but in the second half it amounted to 45%.
The first half had milan have 7 shots as opposed to liverpools 5. 5 of milans were on target compared to Liverpools one.
In the second half Liverpool both teams had 9 shots. Milan with only 1 on target to Liverpools 3.

Overall it wouldnt be worth making a tactic like this as 9 games out of 10 you would lose to an equal team.

Sure it was the greatest match most people have seen. BUT a lot of that game boiled down to luck with liverpool scoring their only 3 shots on target in that match. Milans finishing was atrocious and only for their mentality at half time they would have won the game.

I can try recreate that tactic for you if you wish but dont expect results if you want me to replicate it properly.

A good player similar to Smicher would be Joquain from Malaga who is transfer listed. He isnt the fastest on the ball but does possess skill on the right wing.

One point on this bit. Surely Liverpool had to have more than 3 shots on target? 3 goals, and a penalty that was saved, but was on target = 4 shots?

Well, thats an interesting idea. I mean, no matter how you look at it, on paper that Liverpool had to be one of the worst teams to ever won the Champions League/European Champions Cup. With no disrespect to guys like Traore or Risse, Milan in 2005 had huge quality advantage, they've had top 5 player in the world in almost every position. Liverpool basically just had Gerrard that i would count as top5 at the time.

But they were not the ones to give up easy, and they've had some really ******* intense fan support behind them.

I've been Milan supporter since i was 7 year old - Van Basten times - but when i've heard 50000 people roaring YNWA during entire half time break like their lifes depended on it, i started cheering for Liverpool.

So to try and recreate that team i think you'd propably have to focus on picking players with very high mental attributes rather then some specific tactic. As an experiment maybe even use Genie Scout and pick players based on their Important Matches, Determination, Pressure, Ambition, with actual footballing skills being secondary(but ofc still important), then just play generic 4-5-1 and see how far that gets you.

Hyypia and Alonso were in the team as well, who I'd have classed as top players. Alonso maybe wasn't as good as he is now, but was still very good.

But yeah, can't believe a team with Traore won the CL. I've got it on DVD, watch it every few months.

[video=youtube;4WDdM-jrgAY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WDdM-jrgAY[/video]

If you understand what he is saying,you could try to recreate it

well what i mean is like who could i sign for like the team that was used that year to try and recreate the team not really tactics but signings i could make to re create the time?

well what i mean is like who could i sign for like the team that was use
d that year to try and recreate the team not really tactics but signings i could make to re create the time?

Well, like I wrote, its perhaps à thread for the player section ( and not here)

Back