Liverpool 2009-10 Players Needed (9.3)

ChrisRangers

Reaction score
I have just finished my first season with Liverpool, I finished third behind Man Utd and Arsenal, I won both the FA Cup and the League Cup and was knocked out in the CL 1st round knockout by Real Madrid.

My squad at the moment is as follows;

GK: Reina / Cavalieri
RB: Arbeloa / Santon
LB: Dossena / Mattock
CB: Carragher / Beevers
CB: Sakho / Skyrtl
LW: Zhirkov / Riera
RW: Kuyt / Witsel / Benayoun
CM: Gerrard / Delph
CM: Mascherano / Veloso
ST: Torres / N'Gog
ST: Cardozo / Balotelli

I have just sold Aureilo to Porto £7.5 million, Degen to Stoke £2.5 million and Voronin £3.5ish to Fulham. I have signed Mattock as replacement for Aureilo and Beevers in place of Hyppia who has been released.

There is interest in Benayoun (£9 million) from Valencia, Udinese and also Cavalieri £5 million (Barcelona). I am very tempted to sell but I am looking for a replacements for both and I also want something else that will add to my squad and help me in my title bid.

I have roughly £30 million to spend

Any suggestions (sensible) welcome!

Thanks in advance.........................

Sell Kuyt, Benayoun, Dossena, Cavalieri - You should be able to to get 10m for Dossena

Babel is a good winger instead of Kuyt or Beanyoun (if you still have him), plus you have Witsel who I've been told is pretty good. Get Fiorillo to replace Cavalieri (young but GREAT prospect), may cost up to 5m.

That team you have is very VERY similar to mine ha!

Witsel is a decent player but not good enough to start.

Sell Kuyt if u get an offer of over 13 mil or so.

Sign Hamsik or the Russian Lad from CSKA to play AM role and play gerrard on the right wing.

RB/LB are ur main weaknesses atm

if u dnt mind spending 20 mil then buy azpilicueta from osasuna

also i wud start skrtel over carra

Witsel is a decent player but not good enough to start.

Sell Kuyt if u get an offer of over 13 mil or so.

Sign Hamsik or the Russian Lad from CSKA to play AM role and play gerrard on the right wing.

RB/LB are ur main weaknesses atm

if u dnt mind spending 20 mil then buy azpilicueta from osasuna

also i wud start skrtel over carra

I wouldn't say they're a weakness, Mattock and Santon are fantastic prospects, and first team football will only help them progress. Carragher has been fantastic and CB and RB for me, but will probably phase him out now I've got Santon. Sakho and Agger/Skrtel should be the CB's

Agger, Alonso, Lucas, Babel, Auerilo, Degen, Hyppia (released), Injande & El Zhar have all been sold so I could bring in players.

The best performing players for me in my first season was Torres (33 goals), Gerrard (25+ assists), Zhirkov, Kuyt, Cardozo and Reina. Witsel looks an excellent prospect also.

I would have kept Babel, and Alonso was immense for me in the middle. Agger has been one of my best players too. Selling Lucas and Alonso is a bit risky, leaves you very short in the middle. You could probably play Veloso and Mascherano in the middle, and Gerrard on the right.

To be honest, get your coaches sorted out to be as good as possible, and buy youngsters in with a couple of backups. That team is young enough to last a few years

Raven Wire, what coaches would you recommend? I have signed Baldini already.

If I decide to sell Benayoun which I think I will, do you have any suggestions on a replacement? I have players like Witsel, Kuyt, Balotelli & Santon that can play a number of positions but I dont want to sign too many kids.

The players you have are fine IMO, just retrain a few e.g. Santon to be MR as well as AMR . Most of my team is 25 and under: Reina, Santon, Agger, Sakho, Mattock, Alonso, Mascherano, Gerrard, Babel, Buonanotte, Torres, with the likes of Saivet, Fleck and Fiorillo on the bench, so don't worry about age - if they're good enough, they're old enough. Stocking up your U18's with the best in Europe is a great idea, just scour the under 18/19s teams, and you'll find a few prospects. I found one who is only 16, but apparently the 2nd best striker in the squad already

Moniz from Hamburg is a good one to get, although you may have to get him as an assistant manager. The GK coach at Swansea is good, but not as a GK coach. I picked up a Brazilian guy, can't remember his name though (sorry thats no help!) but his fitness/strength is 6/7 stars. Check Brazil they have tonnes of great coaches. Try signing all your youth coaches who are worth signing to be coaches only, then you can use them more

If you're looking for a AMR then get alexis sanchez. he's amazing on both left and right wing and can also play upfront. he should fit well into that team.

Back