mgs88

Reaction score
I'm just finishing up my 1st season with Liverpool & I'm starting to look at player for next year. I have a new transfer budget of £105m and I was wondering if any one knows if the fee for Kieta still has to come off of this? or has it already been paid.

Chatting to couple of guys from SI fourms, they say it does which sucks

Pretty sure that's the way it typically works. Same thing happens with Mbappe's move to PSG becoming permanent.

Seems weird that it would come off next year's transfer budget. Liverpool start with ~£75m, which is what they were prepared to pay for van Dijk alone, in addition to buying Keita. So if the Keita fee comes off next year's budget, they should start with ~£150m.

What position are you looking to improve? You can approach Jean Seri and Leon Goretzka on frees.

Pretty sure that's the way it typically works. Same thing happens with Mbappe's move to PSG becoming permanent.

It is not the same case. Mbape is on loan with mamdatory clause to buy and Keita is already arranged futire transfer. Imo

What position are you looking to improve? You can approach Jean Seri and Leon Goretzka on frees.

I picked up Seri at the start of the save & already have goretzka coming in on a free. I was looking to spend the £105m between a striker & a keeper as I feel the rest of my team is looking pretty good. Looks like I might only be able to afford 1 of them though if the naby fee has to come off still.

This is my current squad:

GK - Mingolet,Karius & Ward
Def - Clyne, TAA, Gomez, Matip, Lovren, Gimenez,De Ligit, Alberto, Robertson.
Mid - Henderson, Can, Seri, Lallana, Milner (transfer agreed), Gini, Coutiniho, Grujic (On Loan)
Atk - Mane, Salah, Firmino, The Ox, Sturridge, Woodburn, Solanke (On Loan)

I have a few players I could sell but with most of them being English it puts me in trouble with the number of HG players. I think Solanke & Grujic will go out on loan again this season too. The most likely to be sold are Lallana, Gini & Sturridge. I was looking at Harry Kane for the striker position as Spurs finished 8th & he's unhappy, plus he's ****** brilliant, with the added bonus of added another HG nation player to the squad to balance out those that are leaving.

Last edited:
Seems weird that it would come off next year's transfer budget. Liverpool start with ~£75m, which is what they were prepared to pay for van Dijk alone, in addition to buying Keita. So if the Keita fee comes off next year's budget, they should start with ~£150m.

That was my thinking too. I feel the fee should already be paid.

If you can get Kane, go for it, if not, look at Dybala or Icardi.. they are crazy.... vrij from lazio can take over for lovren.

de Ligt from Ajax , consistent and solid BPD got him for £16 mil with add ons
Breel Embolo, always a good choice, still abit of a raw talent but is good to have in the squad

I picked up Seri at the start of the save & already have goretzka coming in on a free. I was looking to spend the £105m between a striker & a keeper as I feel the rest of my team is looking pretty good. Looks like I might only be able to afford 1 of them though if the naby fee has to come off still.

This is my current squad:

GK- I'd recommend Forster, I'm Southampton in my save and hes been epic for me. You could also look at Butland.

ST- Kasper Dolberg. 18 goals in 19 games for my Southampton team.

GK - Mingolet,Karius & Ward
Def - Clyne, TAA, Gomez, Matip, Lovren, Gimenez,De Ligit, Alberto, Robertson.
Mid - Henderson, Can, Seri, Lallana, Milner (transfer agreed), Gini, Coutiniho, Grujic (On Loan)
Atk - Mane, Salah, Firmino, The Ox, Sturridge, Woodburn, Solanke (On Loan)

I have a few players I could sell but with most of them being English it puts me in trouble with the number of HG players. I think Solanke & Grujic will go out on loan again this season too. The most likely to be sold are Lallana, Gini & Sturridge. I was looking at Harry Kane for the striker position as Spurs finished 8th & he's unhappy, plus he's ****** brilliant, with the added bonus of added another HG nation player to the squad to balance out those that are leaving.

What about Alexis Sanchez? Capable of playing up top, available for free?

Thanks for the responses guys. I have been thinking about going all out for a goal keeper this summer & I'm looking going with what I have in attack for this season. Any suggestions for GK? Ideally I want some one to slot straight in and be an upgrade on what I have. I've been looking at gabriel from Inter too if money allows it. I thought he would provide good cover for the wings & upfront. Any one used him in this save?

Thanks for the responses guys. I have been thinking about going all out for a goal keeper this summer & I'm looking going with what I have in attack for this season. Any suggestions for GK? Ideally I want some one to slot straight in and be an upgrade on what I have. I've been looking at gabriel from Inter too if money allows it. I thought he would provide good cover for the wings & upfront. Any one used him in this save?

Donnaruma. Oblak.

Get Icardi and play him as an Advanced forward. Amazing the lad is. And with Liverpool's fast wingers crossing to him, he scores goal after goal after goal. He won me the league by himself.

Try looking out for Predrag Rajkovic/Kepa Arrizabalaga for goalkeeping options. Try to sell both Mignolet and Karius since Danny Ward should be a reliable backup as he's fairly consistent and also a club home grown player. For your striker needs, Firmino is immense as a false 9, probably one of the best money can buy but if an advanced forward is what you're looking for then look for Belotti. He should be available for half the amount that you would pay for Icardi and is also equally as good.

Also, if you're leaking goals, then Tierney for the left back position would be an amazing addition to the squad. Look at Caldara/Rugani/De Ligt, Koulibaly, Gimenez and Vallejo as other alternatives for your center backs. Quarta is quite the beast for a rotation option and is usually available for 5-6 million in the first or second seasons provided he hasn't snapped up.