MarsLlama

Reaction score
Liverpool Football Club. One of the most recognisable sporting brands in the world and, until recently, England's most successful club with over forty major trophies. Despite an incredible history and near-unrivaled reputation, the Premier League title still evades their grasp- but there is a first time for everything.

Welcome to my first ever attempt at a Football Manager story! I thought I'd start with something somewhat basic because, let's face it, I'm not very good at the game. I hope I can find a way to turn this into a high-quality and enjoyable read so please forgive my inexperience. I'm taking over from Jurgen Klopp at Liverpool at the start of the 2017/18 season, my pockets filled with transfer money and naive optimism.

My aims for the save are linear and simple:
1. Build a squad that is capable of going toe-to-toe with my beloved Manchester City.
2. Re-establish Liverpool as the best and most successful team in England.
3. Join Real Madrid and company as regular challengers for the Champions League.

Meet Me.
View attachment 48203
For the purposes of the save I am assuming the role of a recently retired England legend, along the lines of Gerrard or Lampard, who has been offered his first job in management by his former club after Jurgen Klopp's shock departure, presumably to undergo an emergency tooth transplant.

The first installment, covering all of preseason, should be posted within the next 24 hours. Everyone please feel free to let me know if I'm doing this wrong.