• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 985

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
sGG8E.jpg

Liverpool agree a fee with Newcastle for defender Jose Enrique.

More...

Very good signing for Liverpool. Not sure who Newcastle will sign to replace him but no doubt he will be French.

Very good signing for Liverpool. Not sure who Newcastle will sign to replace him but no doubt he will be French.

By the looks of it, Dutch :D Erik Pieters.

Yeah we need a new left back, we should have tried to get Clichy before he went to Man City to spend the season on the bench.

If we get Wayne Bridge, I might kill myself.

Yeah we need a new left back, we should have tried to get Clichy before he went to Man City to spend the season on the bench.

If we get Wayne Bridge, I might kill myself.

I disagree with the Clichy statement (the bench thang), I agree with the Wayne Bridge thang. Eric Pieters is decent, and it looks like that's what's it's gonna be.

​Not sure why we haven't gone in for him, Traore ftl.

I echo everything Dunc said. I was about to say how Clichy would of been a good/ ambitious shout and that if we get Wayne Bridge I'll be gutted.

Losing Jose sucks, but he's been great so he deserves to earn more money and play for a bigger club (we saved Barton's career so he's going nowhere because we love him). Pieters would be a decent cover (never heard of him until a few weeks ago when I found him in my 2015 Fiorentina team), LB is a hard position - not a lot of available quality LBs kicking about. Warnock wouldn't be the worst shout I've ever heard of. In an ideal world obviously we'd throw money at Baines or somebody that good

At least if we go back to the Championship we'll win games again B)

good signing for Liverpool to replace Konchesky... what a waste of cash Hodgson! is Insua back for Liverpool?

not a very good deal for Newcastle though, they should of held out for at least £11m or so...

Pieters is decent, not half the player Enrique was though...

Insua is back but Kenny would choose Jack Robinson over him. Now weve got him and Aurelio

Wenger missed a trick here i think, good signing by Liverpool

Yeah but he is so injury prone he played 65 games in the last 4 seasons i dont think that would be fair to the toons :P

Wenger missed a trick here i think, good signing by Liverpool

Could have solved their obvious LB problem, but I hope for the sake of the Arsenal fans that he has something better.

Back