Liverpool Champions League 2005 Final Tactics - First And Second Half

• Thread starter Thread starter MWEST94
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 5K

MWEST94

Reaction score
I have created 2 tactics for the Liverpool Champions League 2005 final, for both the first and second half. The first tactic is a 4-1-3-1-1, which resembles the tactics first used against Milan. Below is the tactic and screenshots of the tactic and my first match using this tactic.
TACTIC (FIRST HALF):1 Liverpool CL First Half.tac download - 2shared

I have also created the tactic they played in the second half, the 3-4-2-1 tactic. Below is the tactic and screenshots of the tactic and my first match using this tactic.
TACTIC (SECOND HALF): 2 Liverpool CL Second Half.tac download - 2shared
View attachment 238649View attachment 238648View attachment 238647View attachment 238650View attachment 238651
I have made sure both tactics are as similar to the real tactics Liverpool used. I have made sure all the instructions, player roles and formation are as realistic as possible. I'm looking for feedback and testers for both tactics, so please give it a chance.

As this game was played in Istanbul I haven't got a recommended pitch size. Also it is up to you with team talk, match preps, shouts and set piece instructions. Please give it a try and feel free to give feedback and ask questions.

Last edited:
Looks good but maybe more results evidence on how good it can possibly do?

Looks good but maybe more results evidence on how good it can possibly do?

Thanks for the feedback, I have just created the tactic today but I will play more matches as soon as I can and I will give feedback of results.

would this work with spurs

Not sure really because I haven't really tested these tactics, as I have only played one match per tactic. I think both tactics may work with Spurs, it depends which one you want to use. The second tactic is more offensive but there are no full backs, so players like Assou-Ekotto might not play. You could always tweak the tactics slightly to suit your team. I am looking for people to test the tactics so give them a try!

Back