Liverpool defend seat price rise

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 15
  • Views Views 1K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Liverpool defend a 7% season ticket price increase, saying there is "no difference in real terms" in the rise due to an inflation and VAT jump.

More...

My Dad's not a happy bunny, i think he's considering giving uors up D: The ones we've had for YEARS, that my Grandad used. Although, 'Pools have been one of the lowest for a top level team

**** off Liverpool, no doubt this is down to Hicks and Gillette. My Dad never really noticed because his automatically gets renewed along with mine but I don't think he'd be best pleased if he saw this.

i feel for the fans, this isent fair they are the heart and soul of this club and the only thing thats keeping it alive.

It's understandable, what with the recent domestic... never mind.

Disgusting really. Maybe this will encourage more people to stop going and force the virus out of the club.

Every Club does this. Even City did.

By 7%? Liverpool's season tickets over the last 5 or so years have been approximately the same price, I guess that's why it is rather infuriating. It's like Hicks and Gillette are trying to bleed the club dry and **** off with our money, oh wait, they are :@

Money grabbing Yanks; I feel for the supporters

its a lot for a one seeason rise

This.

Very few people got a 7% pay rise this year.

Wouldn't surprise me to see this kind of price rise every season for a few more now until they hit the level where it's counterproductive financially.

that is a joke. I don't anything about season ticket prices but with this 7% rise how much will a season ticket be for an adult and junior now?

£682 for a Kop season ticket. By London standards, it's cheap. But people in Liverpool don't earn London wages.

Interesting news that Manchester United's season ticket renewals are half what they were at the same time last year (54 000 STs, 30 000 normally renewed by now, only 15 000 have so far this year).

The model of increasing prices until the sales drop off really isn't viable over the long term. I'm seriously considering going to watch Bury this coming season - I can get to three times as many matches for the same money spent and I won't be financing some idiots' game of monopoly with a football club.

Back