Liverpool FC - Back to their best

Reaction score
Season #1

Transfers IN
Hernan Crespo - Free - An experienced attacker, brought in on a little wage. Mainly used as a back up, and someone to tutor a youngster or two.

Siphiwe Tshabalala - 1M - Kaizer Chiefs -
A consistent South African winger brought in on a cheap deal, brilliant dribbler of the ball, will battle with Stuart Downing for the left midfield slot.

Jame Ness - 1M - Rangers - A young Scottish central midfielder brought in from Rangers. Might get a few games this season, but really he's here for the long-term and hopefully he develops into a good holding centre mid.

Craig Dawson - 1.5M - West Bromwich Albion -
21 year old central defender bought from West Brom, really he's only come in as a back up and will probably never get used. Just in case we have some crazy injury crisis.

Stephane Sessegnon - 15.5M - Sunderland -
A pacey right midfielder, signed from Sunderland. I think he's a better player than ex-Sunderland player Jordan Henderson. So, Sessegnon will be brought in as a key first team player.

Steven Whittaker - 1.5M - Rangers- A good right back, brought in as back up for both Jose Enrique and Glen Johnson as Martin Kelly was soon to be off.
TOTAL: 20.5M

Transfers OUT

Martin Kelly - Ln Fee 250k - West Ham -
Wasn't happy about Steven Whittaker coming in because there was to much competition, and he felt he should have been starting, so I got rid of him... for now.

Dirk Kuyt - 4.4M - Benfica -
He's getting a little old, and would never get game time as we had a number of better players.

Fabio Aurelio - 1M - Palermo -
Deadwood, only good at free kicks and corners to be fair. Didn't need to waste any money on his wages.

Start of season expectations:

• Premier League - Qualify for the Europa League.
  • FA Cup - Reach the Semi-Finals.
  • League Cup - Not important

Three year plan
- Season #1:
  • Finish in the top 4 of the League.
  • Win the League Cup.
  • Reach the final of the FA Cup
- Season #2:
  • Challenge for the Premier League title
  • Retain the League Cup
  • Win the FA Cup
  • Reach the quarter-finals of the Champions League
- Season #3:
  • Win the Premier League
  • Retain the League Cup
  • Retain the FA Cup
  • Reach the Semi-Finals of the Champions League

Thank you for reading!

Next Update - Season #1 Summary and looking ahead to season #2

Nice start, not really a story though, good luck though however, I'll follow mate :)

Nice start, not really a story though, good luck though however, I'll follow mate :)

Yeah, I was just trying to start it off with transfers etc. as I have finished my first season already, the second season will be more of a story so to speak.

2011/12 Summary

Premier League:
PremierLeaguetable2012.png

Player Stats:
PremierLeaguestats2012.png
Chelsea won the Premier League title with no real competition. We put up a good fight against them early on in the season but a run of 4 draws at the midway stage put an end to our title chances.
There was about 6 teams at the top competing for the 3 remaining champions league spots, which we secured for ourselves with about 2 games to go!
The Liverpool manager gave this statement on Liverpool's Premier League run
"We are all pleased with a second place finish in the league, we played with class and everyone put in a good effort! Shame we couldn't be more consistent. One week we beat Arsenal 3-0, the next we through away a 3-0 lead to draw 3-3! This years league performance though, is good building grounds for me, the board and backroom staff. We can now look ahead to next season, and become real contenders for the title. We're also delighted on qualifying for the Champions league group stage, that'll be all"

The league title would have been ours if we didn't throw away 2-0's, 3-0's and 4-2's! Happened on a couple of occasions, real bummer!

FA Cup:

3rd Round - Norwich 0 - 4 Liverpool
A convincing 4-0 victory for Liverpool, we managed to beat a few teams by quite some margin, including some of the bigger clubs.

4th Round -
Millwall 1 - 3 Liverpool
Another away game, but this time against a lower league opponent, Millwall were struggling in the league even so we struggled to get a grip to this game. The first half was a dyer, not looking good for either side. Millwall took the lead in the 44th minute from a corner that was defended poorly. Liverpool came out in the second half looking better but it took them till the 70th minute to get the equaliser, they managed to score two goals very soon after securing the win.

5th Round - Liverpool 2 - 0 Swansea
A comfortable win for Liverpool, Gerrard scoring early before Suarez added to it very soon into the second half. Swansea only managing two shots in the whole game as opposed to Liverpool's 24.

6th Round - Liverpool 4 - 0 Burnley
Liverpool were drawn against a average Championship side for the 6th round, which they won in style. Stephane Sessegnon, Luis Suarez, Charlie Adam and a Lee Grant OG was surprisingly enough to beat Burnley to see a dominant Liverpool through to the Semi-Finals.

Semi-Final
- (Neutral) Liverpool 3 - 0 Chelsea
Liverpool were drawn against a strong Chelsea side, who were looking to do the cup and league double but it Liverpool were too strong for them. Skrtel, Lucas and a penalty from Gerrard put Chelsea packing.​

FA Cup FINAL 2012

BOLTON - LIVERPOOL

Bolton were off to a flyer when a poor pass back from Daniel Agger seen ex-red David N'Gog through one on one with the keeper, he coolly placed it passed the stranded Pepe Reina.

Liverpool reacted well to the goal, and put Bolton keeper Jaaskelainan under a lot of pressure, forcing him into making many good saves.

Suarez equalised for Liverpool after 26 minutes, scoring like he has done most of the season with a wonderful ball played through from Maxi Rodriguez for Suarez to run onto, he slotted it into the bottom corner before celebrating in front of the many Liverpool fans.

The second half started just like the first, but this time with Liverpool scoring. A corner was whipped towards the front post for Skrtel to attack and head in like has done on several occasions this season. 2-1 Liverpool.

Liverpool finished the game off after 77 minutes, a brilliant string of passes eventually seen Rodriguez through on goal to get a goal he'll always remember!
Full-Time: Liverpool 3-1 Bolton

Liverpool have won the FA Cup!
Liverpool today rounded off an excellent English season with a win in the FA Cup final. They won in style and can be proud of their achievement, especially a big win in the semi-finals against Premier League champions. The fans are delighted with a trophy. Some even joked that they had forgot what silverware looked like, and I'm sure they'll be expecting more.

Liverpool manager had this to say on the FA cup win:
"It's a brilliant achievement for us. You know. Especially the way we reached the final, beating Norwich 4-0, Millway 3-1 and the big victory over Chelsea! It's something for the fans to enjoy! It's just one of many trophies to come"

League Cup

2nd Round - Oxford 1 - 6 Liverpool
No cup upset here. We dominated, unfortunately we didn't keep a clean sheet, but a Jamie Carragher hat-trick is something I will remember for a long time.

3rd Round -
Hull City 0 - 2 Liverpool
Facing the mighty Hull City. Quite a close game, although Hull never looked like scoring, Bellamy's early goal followed by Jamie Carragher's late one sealed the win!

4th Round -
Reading 2 - 2 Liverpool (Reading win 4-2 on penalties)
Disappointing performance from the lads, Jimmy Kebe scored for them in about 37 seconds, running from the kick off through to the keeper and somehow scored. Something I have never seen on FM in a long time. Suarez and Bellamy scored for us. Come the penalties Maxi and Suarez both hit the bar! Whereas Crespo and Bellamy managed to score. Crespo's penalty was lucky to go in, hit the post and rolled across the goal-line for about 10 seconds before going in! :L

LFC manager on being knocked out of the League Cup:
"We can now concentrate on the Premier League, this was starting to congest our fixtures and players were becoming quite tired. Which we can do without. Although it will come as a disappointment to some fans who feel we should be winning this competition, and not being knocked out by a championship side. You know."

Tottenham went on to win the competition, and Carragher won the top goalscorer for the tournament. Bizarr.

Our crucial player that season would have to be Luis Suarez, his goals were so important. Charlie Adam, Steven Gerrard, Maxi Rodriguez, ever-present Stephane Sessegnon and Daniel Agger were all important players too!

Next Update: 12-13 pre-season, transfers and expectations!

Liverpool unveil signings

Today Liverpool have confirmed that young Hull City central midfielder Tom Cairney has joined the club for 6 Million. It is said he is brought in as a hot prospect, and can isn't expecting first team football this season.

Liverpool can also confirm young Kuban striker, Lacina Traore has signed for a whopping 20M. The Liverpool fans have mixed reactions to the deal. Traore will probably be seeing more of the bench this season along with young striker Luuk De Jong who will be joining the reds officially when his contract at FC Twente runs out. Luis Suarez had a storming season for Liverpool last year and is looking to stay as the lone striker up top!

Man City winger Adam Johnson has also joined Liverpool as they continue to build there squad for the forthcoming season! The deal was said to have been around the 5M mark. Fans are excited about the deal.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

27th June 2012

Liverpool have signed the Slovakian 24 year old midfielder, Marek Hamsik on a five year deal. The Slovakian said he was sad about leaving Napoli but "needed a new challenge within Liverpool". He's also excited about helping his new club out in the Champions League. The price of the creative midfielder is said to be around 33M.

The Reds can also confirm Argentinian attacking midfielder, Nicolas Gaitan has joined the club on a 4 year deal from Portuguese champions Benfica.

Elsewhere, Jonjo Shelvey, Jamie Ness and January signing Marc Albrighton have gone out on loan. It also seems that Sebastien Coates has left the club to join Serie A champions for around 7M.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

2012/13 Board expectations:-

• [*=left]Premier League - Top 4 finish
    [*=left]Champions League - Reach the Quarter-Final
    [*=left]FA Cup - Reach the Semi-Finals
    [*=left]League Cup - Focus elsewhere
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some massive signings, including Marek Hamsik and maybe a wasted 20M on Lacina Traore but we'll only know come the start of the season.
Making so many top signings means it's going to be hard picking a team...

Pre-season and all the transfers will be done tonight!

Your signings in the first season reek of mediocrity, but fair play, you recovered well and won some silverware. A lot better in the second season I must admit, but my question is - Who have you sold to finance these big moves? Hamsik, De Jong, Traore etc?

Your signings in the first season reek of mediocrity, but fair play, you recovered well and won some silverware. A lot better in the second season I must admit, but my question is - Who have you sold to finance these big moves? Hamsik, De Jong, Traore etc?

Getting rid of players has been the tougher side of things... Especially when they always reject the move away from Liverpool. Downing was about to leave for 16M but rejected the chance to play for Valencia. I'm getting rid of Andy Carroll for next to no money because no one wants him but Tottenham are prepared to pay 4.5M for him - He's valued at about 7 - and I'm trying to get rid of Joe Cole, Jordan Henderson and Stuart Downing. Not going the way I wanted!

Let's just hope I win the Premier League and Champions League ;)

Getting rid of players has been the tougher side of things... Especially when they always reject the move away from Liverpool. Downing was about to leave for 16M but rejected the chance to play for Valencia. I'm getting rid of Andy Carroll for next to no money because no one wants him but Tottenham are prepared to pay 4.5M for him - He's valued at about 7 - and I'm trying to get rid of Joe Cole, Jordan Henderson and Stuart Downing. Not going the way I wanted!

Let's just hope I win the Premier League and Champions League ;)

Absolutely, I think this is a well known problem when managing Liverpool. The difficulty? Wages. No-one would want to take the likes of Downing off your hands, who's currently at the age where he should be in his "prime" on 80K a week. I'm just finishing up in my third season, with only a CL final to play and I still have Agger (who declines very quickly IMO) and Downing rotting away in the reserves. I'm currently 5th in terms of annual salary spent with 66K, I'll be looking to reduce this further still.

Back