• Thread starter Thread starter mountford14
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 2K

mountford14

Reaction score
View attachment 116388
(stats from my 6 years at Liverpool)

Still on my first save on FM17. Just heading into my 7th Season in charge of Liverpool.

Made a few bad signings (including Belotti, who, unlike what people say, did not score that many goals for me and was pretty poor). Made a few very good signings (Still currently in my starting line-up is Neymar, De Druyne and Ter Stegen).

The first two seasons were 5th place finishes and a Europa League Cup.

The Third Season: we finished runners up in the Premier League and actually went on to win the Champions League. (this season proved to be the catalyst for an exciting few years)

The Fourth Season: we won the Club World Championship, and went on to win the Premier League.

The Fifth Season: We won the Community Shield, Won the FA Cup and Won the Premier League for a second year running.

The Sixth Season: The Community Shield was won again. The EFL Cup (which alluded me for years) was finally won. The FA Cup was won again for a second year in a row. The Champions League made its way back to us after a 2 year absence. And finally, we won the Premier League for a third time in a row, pipping United to the title by two points after they slipped up with 2 games remaining.

I'm entering the next season, but I'm unsure what to do. My contract doesn't run out until 2024. So do I wait until my contract runs out and look for a new club and a fresh challenge? Do I look for a new club now and start something brand new now? Or do I sign a new contract and keep building on what I've built?

Let me know if anyone has any suggestions. But I'm really pleased with what I've achieved in this save. Also, If you want more details let me know and I'll try and find them out for you.

A screen shot of your transfers every season?

Transfers From the past Seasons

View attachment 11635116/17
View attachment 11635017/18
View attachment 11634918/19
View attachment 11634819/20
View attachment 11634720/21
View attachment 11634621/22
View attachment 11634522/23

Obviously these aren't all the transfers as they didn't all fit onto the screen. But these are the main, big money signings and sales.*

*Also note, i did re-sign Steven Gerrard in my second season, he then went on to retire and is currently still coaching at the club.

You basically sold half of the squad in the first season!

Basically, I transfer-listed everyone with 3 Stars or under, except for a few exceptions. So some went for big money where as some others didn't.

How did you manage to sell all those players on fresh contracts (eg klavan, wijnaldum) in the first tranny window?!

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

You also bought back Henderson for £5m after getting £25m for him. Also £77m for Alli seemed high, made a canny loss on him, but obviously making a few quid considering how much is spent each season and what you bring in via sales

You also bought back Henderson for £5m after getting £25m for him. Also £77m for Alli seemed high, made a canny loss on him, but obviously making a few quid considering how much is spent each season and what you bring in via sales

I needed a little bit of experience in the midfield,and the fact that i could get Henderson for only £5m meaning that I'd still be making a profit off of his sale wasn't a bad move.

But yeah, for Alli I did make a loss, but he played well in the seasons I had him so made up for it in the results really.

Back