Liverpool Going into Admin 2018

• Thread starter Thread starter Mike786
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 2K

Mike786

Reaction score
What have i done wrong? i am managing liverpool and i cant seem to offer players wages above £100 per week

I paid for player over 48 months and a lot are on big wages.

thanks.

it sounds like the club is financially unstable

i personally try to avoid paying for players like that as it does cause financial issues going forward. Try going through your reserves and offloading anyone you dont plan on using and isnt going to develop into a first team player or develop to sell at a higher price. Depending on your squad size this could free up a lot of wages and raise cash

Additionally if any of your big earners are sat on the bench or not even on the bench get rid of them ASAP

Without looking into your file i cant elaborate any further, but often this will aid the problem and avoid throwing cash around to prevent the problem

and sell players with payments over 48 months if possible as it will help reduce how much you've got going out each month if you can counteract it a little through money coming in each month from these new deals. This is especially handy if you don't need the money straight away.

What Sammy says is practically spot on; you've over extended yourself a bit. Have you got a screenshot of your squad (with their contract info), so we can establish which players are currently eating your funds?

What have i done wrong? i am managing liverpool and i cant seem to offer players wages above £100 per week

I paid for player over 48 months and a lot are on big wages.

thanks.

Well, thats exactly what you did wrong. Whenever possible, buy for cash upfront, sell on installments. That leaves you solvent and capable of getting players every year. You probably bought a lot of players for a lot of money and gave them 200kpw + contracts. Maybe even enormous bonuses. You could get away with it if you win pretty much everything every year. Only solution is to sell your highest earners at any cost. Can you give us SS of your team maybe?

and sell players with payments over 48 months if possible as it will help reduce how much you've got going out each month if you can counteract it a little through money coming in each month from these new deals. This is especially handy if you don't need the money straight away.

You can definitely overexert your club finances with the installments if you're not careful. This can be very dangerous.

As for selling these players, will that actually change anything? The seller would still be contractually entitled to these installments. Do these obligations transfer over to whomever you sell to?

Back