Liverpool Help

• Thread starter Thread starter Metz
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 1K

Metz

Reaction score
I tried playing Liverpool and they have a good squad but I somehow either lose or draw matches. I ended up getting fired for being in 14th place by December.

The Main tactic I used was 4-2-4 (No Gerrard since he is out for almost 3 months):

----------------------------Reina-------------------------
Johnson--------Carragher-----------Agger----------Enrique
-------------Lucas Leiva-----------Charlie Adam-----------
Kuyt-----------------------------------------------Bellamy
------------------Caroll-----------Suarez------------------

I used Lucas Leiva as a Ball Winning Midfielder and Charlie Adam as a Advanced Playmaker and as the main playmaker to choose Suarez as the Target Man via foot.

Caroll I had as a target man and Suarez I had as a Trequartista.

I had Bellamy and Kuyt as Attacking Wingers.

I also had a defensive tactic I would use against "stronger teams" which was 4-1-4-1.

I plan to start a new game and hopefully not get fired and make it to the summer transfer season.

Any idea what would be a more efficient tactic?

Also Downing and Henderson seem to end up with 3 stars as potential, and I could sell them both for around ~20M or more. Or are they worth keeping?

I finished my 1st season with liverpool two days ago. Won the league but kicked by untied from both cups at semi final.

It can be called cheating but I selected English league and Brazilian league and started the game at dec 2010. I sold Lucas to Inter at Jan 2011 for 13mil and before summer transfer, board gave me more transfer fees so I had healthy over 40 mil for transfers. (not to mention I had access to low salary high quality Brazilian staffs) XD

If you are ok with downloaded tactic, try Mr Hough's Swarm Tactic. Classical and simple, work excellent for me.

My line up is

---------------------------Reina-------------------------
Johnson--------Skertel-----------Agger----------Enrique
-------------Gerrad-----------Charlie Adam-----------
Willian
-----------------------------------------------Downing
------------------Kuyt-----------Suarez------------------

Willain is simply amazing. He can be available between 10-12 mil so even if in normal start sell someone to get him. He was selected for 2011 team of the year and had highest performance rating and most dribbles per game in overall season.
Kuyt won golden boot with 26 goals tie with Rooney but won for playing less games. Both Suarez and Caroll score over 20 goals.

Downing got most assists in league and Henderson had a lot of solid performance at center midfiled. XD

Last edited:
If you start the game on December 2010, how do the fixtures work? Do you start right in the middle of the 2010-2011 season?

Hi,

I started my FM12 career with Liverpool and won the league by 3 points.

I didn't buy or sell anyone because I wanted to emulate the current squad and season.

I played 4-1-2-2-1 or 4-5-1 as the game identifies it. I used Suarez upfront on his own and set him as target man to feet also. On the AMR I had Kuyt (then Maxi), AML was Downing (then Bellamy), CMs were Gerrard and Adam (then Henderson) and DM was Lucas.

My back four was the same as yours, although I would play Coates to build up his stats quicker when on a run of good wins.

My second season I kept all of my tactics the same, but purchased Sturridge who can play as ST or AML when Downing is fatigued and Kyle Walker because Glen Johnson kept picking up injuries. I won the second season too, and in January the board gave me a cash injection for doing so well, so I bought Shawcross to add experience to my back four when Agger is out. He has since developed into my strongest CB.

I'm into season three now and I've spent massively on players like Abel Hernandez, Di Maria, Hamsik and Sandro. I have more than enough cover for every position and on paper I should be doing better but I'm struggling to hold onto third place in the league. I think the main reason is changing tactics or line-ups to try and be more strategic with the players I now have at my disposal and an attempt to do better in the CL and cups (as I've been poor in those the past two seasons).

However, by not sticking to a tactic and line-up I'm getting very strange results. Struggling to be consistent and keep everyone in the team happy with first team football. It might be time to sell some players on and pick a regular eleven with youths to sit on the bench who won't complain about not starting.

I started over with a 4-3-3 and I am winning all my pre-season games (I tied the first game 0 - 0 though).

My lineup (Adam got injured in the intra-squad friendly, and Gerrard is still inured):

----------------------------Reina-------------------------
Johnson--------Carragher-----------Agger----------Enrique
----Jordan Henderson----Lucas Leiva----Maxi Rodriguez----
----------Kuyt-------------Caroll-----------Suarez--------

Is it possible for players to surpass their expected Potential Ability?

Is it possible for players to surpass their expected Potential Ability?

i think so if your saying henderson is coming up with 3 star potential then it must be true, my henderson plays alot of games in my 4th season against lower teams in the prem and he has a 3 and a half star rating

Both Downing and Henderson had a 3.5 star potential at the beginning of the game and after a week or so, the potential went down to 3 star.

Back