Liverpool need six wins - Torres

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 16
  • Views Views 974

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Fernando Torres says Liverpool, who beat Sunderland 3-0 on Sunday, can reach the Champions League - if they win their six remaining top-flight games.

More...

Hopefully we can do it with just 5. Would be nice to be able to lose our last game against Chelsea. ;)

with torres on that kind of form, I can see Liverpool winning there last six games.

Hopefully we can do it with just 5. Would be nice to be able to lose our last game against Chelsea. ;)

Chelsea will be out of by the last game.:D So I hope they grab the win and make sure Liverpool don't get 4th. If Liverpool play like they did yesterday they should win all their remaining games, that is form they were showing last season. Shows that they still have the quality and if they strengthen in the summer and Torres manages to stay fit they can definitely challenge for the title next year.

I think they will win all 6. but would that be enough. that is the question.

Chelsea will be out of by the last game.:D So I hope they grab the win and make sure Liverpool don't get 4th. If Liverpool play like they did yesterday they should win all their remaining games, that is form they were showing last season. Shows that they still have the quality and if they strengthen in the summer and Torres manages to stay fit they can definitely challenge for the title next year.

please don't say we can challenge! Every year when people say Liverpool will challenge we do awfull! Happened with Houllier and now with Benitez. We're better off as underdogs!

I don't think they will do it. I admit they were good yesterday but they have been so inconsistant this season, I can see them dropping points.

I don't see Liverpool grabbing fourth, I see Torres leaving to be honest.. If you don't make fourth.

I don't see Liverpool grabbing fourth, I see Torres leaving to be honest.. If you don't make fourth.

how much **** do some fans speak? You honestly don't have a clue and you probably read something stupid like the sun. Torres has said he's staying, and i see Torres being a very loyal person when he's idolised by most liverpool fans! He's said he has 3 years left on his contract and he intends to see those 3 years out at the very least. Everyone's just taking what he's said out of context; ie. the stuff about signings.

Our Next game is our toughest test if we grab 3 points at St.Andrews hopefully more of you will share my 100% belief in us finishing 4th.

Tottenham are 4 points clear with a game in hand but have to play : Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal, Man C.
If they draw (best they can hope for honestly) all those games they drop 8 points

City have to play : Man U, Arsenal, Spurs, Plus every other team (they have tendancy to drop points)
They are a point behing us with 2 games in hand and have 3 big games upcoming.

Villa : Are 3 points behind us with a game in hand and a worse goal difference (thanks Chelsea),
They have been dropping points recently one more draw will seriously dent their chances

torres 6 wins. ha cant see it ok liverpool on top form but for how long if they do then well done but i just cant see it all depends on the other contenders for top 4 if they slip up then they do it but i cant see it.

Last edited:
i agree,im a liverpool fan,but dont forget,it seems to be man city always have games in hand,n man city are doing well in a way since jan,so i dont know,but i really hope liverpool can do it, but torres is a really good player and he is on form, but its the rest of the team need to shape up abit too

id have to say well done to rafa not a great fan of him but evan i have to say well done for doing it

BUT THATS IF HE DOSE IT

Man City have a few tough games ahead of them though, I would say Villa and Liverpool have the easiest run-ins.

I still can't see Liverpool getting 4th. They've been hot and cold all year and I can't see them all of a sudden stringing six wins out of nowhere. Yes, they were top notch yesterday but that was against a free falling Sunderland. That was more or less what I would have expected from a Top 4 side. If they can win the final six games I can see them getting 4th, but I doubt they can

whatever Torres. Just make sure your club provides better competition next season. XD We don't want the PL turning into another Serie A & La Liga

Back