CalumE5

Luis Suarez!
Reaction score
I'm halfway through my second season as Liverpool and need a top class Right Back, as Glen Johnson is my only one. My budget is 27mil, all help would be appreciated!

I got Steve Finnan and he was back-up and did absolutly brilliantly. Playing against low league teams in cups and when johnson was injured. But he retired after 2 yrs(for me)

Last edited:
Playing as Liverpool myself at the moment and I have Chris Gunter as backup, surprisingly good. But for someone world class - Darijo Srna(on my game he joined Spurs on free in January second season), Diego Renan, Cesar Azpilicueta, Philipp Lahm, Mattia Cassani. Also quite decent or a bit young are Kyle Naughton and Kyle Walker, Serge Aurier.

Thanks for the help guys, I think I've managed to narrow it down to 3 people after looking at FMRTE (I only use it to check CA and PA of players and the Ask Value).

I'm trying to choose between:
Lorenzo De Silvestri
Diego Renan
Gregory Van der Wiel

I have no experience with De Silvestri and won't say anything about him. Diego Renan is good and versatile but on FM10 at least Van der Wiel was a better RB.

Diego Renan - good for backup and can cover multiple positions, quite likely to be the cheaper one too.

Van der Wiel - may cost a bit more, probably the better RB, likely to keep Johnson out of the team once he's settled, but not so versatile.

John O'Shea... ha

On a more serious note get davide santon if you can or lahm but what about martin Kelly if the guys half as good as real life **** be more than enough cover for johnson

Last edited:
Gregory van der Wiel from Ajax or Andreas Beck from Hoffenheim. Both become starting RBs for Netherlands and Germany, respectively and are highly adaptable to the premier league.

Andreas Beck has a current 7.57 average rating in my current Chelsea save with 34 appearances and 8 assists. Put him on a crossing training regimen and he becomes a beast of a full back.

Thanks for the help guys, I think I've managed to narrow it down to 3 people after looking at FMRTE (I only use it to check CA and PA of players and the Ask Value).

I'm trying to choose between:
Lorenzo De Silvestri
Diego Renan
Gregory Van der Wiel

Lorenzo de Silvestri did really for Wolves on my FM10 save

I have no experience with De Silvestri and won't say anything about him. Diego Renan is good and versatile but on FM10 at least Van der Wiel was a better RB.

Diego Renan - good for backup and can cover multiple positions, quite likely to be the cheaper one too.

Van der Wiel - may cost a bit more, probably the better RB, likely to keep Johnson out of the team once he's settled, but not so versatile.

I don't think Van der Wiel would be more expensive, as he's only valued half Diego Renan's value. Plus Ajax will most likely accept a bid in the region of €11M.

I would go for Van der Wiel. Have him in my spurs save and hes very good

Go for Anthony Vanden Borre, cheap and a consistent player. But still, as the other members are saying , Van der Wiel.

Back