Liverpool reveal Klinsmann talks

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 811

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Liverpool co-owner Tom Hicks says the club held talks with Jurgen Klinsmann about taking over from manager Rafael Benitez.

More...

What idiots. Only thing worse than getting Klinsman would be getting Mclaren. :(

If Klinsmann wins the prem with pool I'll eat my hat!

zing.

To me this looks like the yanks wanting to make Benitez unsure and uncertain about his position, so he might resign or something so they don't have to sack him. Otherwise why would they do that? Apart from the fact they're idiots of course

what a joke that is, why tell us ?

Because News of the World reported last week (Tuesday i think) that they met with Klinsmann...clearing it up i guess.

zing.

To me this looks like the yanks wanting to make Benitez unsure and uncertain about his position, so he might resign or something so they don't have to sack him. Otherwise why would they do that? Apart from the fact they're idiots of course

:

says he held talks with Jurgen Klinsmann in November about taking over as manager in case Rafael Benitez left the club.

I meant why would they reveal that they spoke to him, not why they spoke to him in the first place. I was unclear though...

Hmmm spose telling the press they did speak to him makes sense if the NOTW or the Sun reported it....although they clearly don't know those papers very weel because they could have said it was made up and no-one would question that.

Back