Liverpool seal Jovanovic signing

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 17
  • Views Views 979

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Standard Liege have told BBC Sport Serbia forward Milan Jovanovic is joining Liverpool on a free transfer in the summer.

More...

good good extra goals for free

he is decent i think. looks okay when i seen him play for leige. but the other guy from congo looks more lively then him. i thnk his name is like Dominic N'bouku or something

No he's looked quite good when I've seen Liege and he comes fairly highly touted. I think this is a very good deal.

Someone else to watch out for in the World Cup.

Looks like a decent player. We'll see how he does. Even if he's a Voronin, shifting him for cash while someone else pays his wages and pays you for having him on loan is not a bad thing considering that we're reliant on selling before buying...

Someone else to watch out for in the World Cup.

Looks like a decent player. We'll see how he does. Even if he's a Voronin, shifting him for cash while someone else pays his wages and pays you for having him on loan is not a bad thing considering that we're reliant on selling before buying...

Yeah i see no harm in the deal, If he is attracting interest from Valencia and such then it won't be too hard to shift him.

Yeah i see no harm in the deal, If he is attracting interest from Valencia and such then it won't be too hard to shift him.

Yeah, it's a win-win really if there's room on the wage bill for him.

Hearing all kinds of rumours about Krasnic coming from CSKA Moscow in a 12 million deal. Could just be rumours but they're coming from odd sources - like Tomkins who doesn't usually peddle transfer stories. edit: similar news sources in Russia are also claiming we've agreed to sell Yossi to CSKA...

Odd how these things have come out since the Purslow minutes were relased by SOS though...

hmmmmmmmmmm is he young if not then i haven't heard of him

He's 28 now.

he is decent i think. looks okay when i seen him play for leige. but the other guy from congo looks more lively then him. i thnk his name is like Dominic N'bouku or something

I think you mean Dieumerci Mbokani, the striker from Standard de Liége.

Luckily you have a belgian member (i.e. me) on the forum to give the details :)

I think it's a good thing that he's going to play for Liverpool. He is a reliable player with a down to earth personality and he works hard to support his teammates. And he has a lot of talent, but he couldn't show his full potential at Standard because Standard sucks as a team in general. All of them are selfish players (except Jova) who break the legs off players from other belgian teams and start crying and complaining in the media when they get hurt themselves. And if you don't believe: Here's the a nice youtube link to show you guys how standard plays (Warning it's pretty digusting) YouTube- Axel Witsel (Standard) breaks leg of Marcin Wasilewski (Anderlecht) and you'll see for yourself what kind of team standard is...
Really pleased he's gonna play for a good team instead of the Calimero's from Liege

Last edited:
No he's looked quite good when I've seen Liege and he comes fairly highly touted. I think this is a very good deal.
But that is in the Belgish league. I don't want him, he'll play every match until Jan,get sold and be back in the same place.

But that is in the Belgish league. I don't want him, he'll play every match until Jan,get sold and be back in the same place.

Not every good player comes from a good League, its a low risk free transfer so how can you don't want him.

Yeah, it's a win-win really if there's room on the wage bill for him.

Hearing all kinds of rumours about Krasnic coming from CSKA Moscow in a 12 million deal. Could just be rumours but they're coming from odd sources - like Tomkins who doesn't usually peddle transfer stories. edit: similar news sources in Russia are also claiming we've agreed to sell Yossi to CSKA...

Odd how these things have come out since the Purslow minutes were relased by SOS though...

Yeah, I keep hearing alot of rumours that they are planning to sell Yossi. Not something i would be happy with. Always rated him.

Krasnic would provide alot of pace on that right hand side though,

I thought Yossi signed for Spartak in January or is he deal a 'pool player?

Yeah, I keep hearing alot of rumours that they are planning to sell Yossi. Not something i would be happy with. Always rated him.

Krasnic would provide alot of pace on that right hand side though,

They've been bubbling away for a while now - especially coming out of Russia. Think it was Dynamo who said they'd made a 7 million offer for him.

I do rate Yossi, but if we're going to sell him on (or even get in better) then this summer is going to be the last one before his value plummets. Bit like we did with little Luis. And from what (admittedly little) I've seen of this new Serbian player, he seems to also play that role of drifting from outside on the left into the hole.

Not seen that much of Krasnic tbh - just the odd match. He does look like he can catch pigeons. We'll see I guess. We might just be seeing the backwash of the tailend of the Russian transfer window.

----

Jack - there were a few reports of Russian clubs having talks with his agent and making offers but being knocked back because they were too low. But he's not been sold yet according to Liverpool - 'not for sale' was the official response IIRC.

He's 28 now.

I think you mean Dieumerci Mbokani, the striker from Standard de Liége.

Luckily you have a belgian member (i.e. me) on the forum to give the details :)

I think it's a good thing that he's going to play for Liverpool. He is a reliable player with a down to earth personality and he works hard to support his teammates. And he has a lot of talent, but he couldn't show his full potential at Standard because Standard sucks as a team in general. All of them are selfish players (except Jova) who break the legs off players from other belgian teams and start crying and complaining in the media when they get hurt themselves. And if you don't believe: Here's the a nice youtube link to show you guys how standard plays (Warning it's pretty digusting) YouTube- Axel Witsel (Standard) breaks leg of Marcin Wasilewski (Anderlecht) and you'll see for yourself what kind of team standard is...
Really pleased he's gonna play for a good team instead of the Calimero's from Liege

Good ol Witsel.

Back