Liverpool Season 2 - Improvement on current team?

• Thread starter Thread starter daisuke
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 1K

daisuke

Reaction score
Patch 11.3.
Hey guys, I have just finished the first season in my new save. Lost in quarter final of the League Cup,5th round of the Fa Cup, and the final of the Euro Cup..However,I have won the league and I'm really ecstatic because I usually suck in the league.

So I have 50M to spend and maybe more coz I will sell players and can adjust the budget so I'm wondering who should I buy to improve my team?My huge problem in FM11 after season 1 is that the players brought in to season 2 doesnt seem to play better than the original Liverpool player in season 1 (eg Joe Cole). Because I'm biased, I tend to sell them (Cole, Kuyt etc..) in 2nd season. Now I'm really hesitant as in my previous saves players who replace Joe Cole doesnt seem to do better than him. Even Kuyt is better.

Despite scoring over 100 goals in the league, I have the worst defensive record (I think). Dont really know why, coz my tactic is not all that attacking and the defenders dont make lot of mistakes.

I have a left back problem, Coentrao reject me to go to Man City :@ so I dont know who to buy since I always buy him in first season. I think only Aly Cissokho (sp) better than him but he's more expensive than 15M. Elia doesnt perform great last season so I might buy another first team AMR or a backup at least.

Also Meireles not really good, he only got just over 7 average rating coz the rest of the team is playing well. I got a 25M accepted for Paulo Henrique, but I wonder whether Javier Pastore or Marek Hamsik is a better option?You know,since their prices are about the same..I also dont have any experience with Ganso...

One more thing, do I have to change my tactic?In my previous saves, the tactic that works in 1st season never seem to work in 2nd season. But I dont know what other tactic to use since I want to play 4-2-4 with two wingers and two strikers.

Last edited:
1) don't sell Kuyt (even though I cant stand him)
2) dont make TOO many changes to your team
3) dont out right change your tactic, tweak it, change width, tempo etc, maybe drop 1 St to an AMC or something...

4) out of those 3, Pastore would be your best bet, although he will be around 32 million
5) try this tactic, its great defensively (if you want to change your tactic completely)
Raikan007's Perfect 4-3-3 tactic

6) left back suggestions:

Hasan Ali Kaldirim - Kayserispor
Diego Contento - Bayern Muncich
Alex Sandro - Santos
Georgy Schennikov - CSKA

Mattia Cassani - Palermo
Taye Taiwo - Marseille
Gabriel Silva - Palmeiras
Juan Manuel Vargas - Fiorentina
Michael Kadlec - Leverkusen
Davide Santon - Inter (retrained)
Dodo - Corinthians

7) Amr/l replacement:

Alex Teixeira - Shakthar
Giannis Fetfatzidis - Olympiakos
Stefano Guberti - Sampdoria
James Rodriguez - Porto
Nicolas Gaitan - Benfica
Harry Novillo - Lyon
Sebastian Blanco - Lanus
Marvin Martin - Fc Sochaux-Montbe'
Osvaldo Martinez - Monterrey
Nicolas Gaitan - Benfica
Juan Cuevas - Toluca (Mexico)
Gervinho - Lille
Willian - Shakthar
Arda Turan - Galatasary
Juan Angel Albin - Getafe
Pablo Piatti - Almeria
Jefferson Farfan - Schalke (must buy)
Yohan Mollo - Monaco
Cristian Rodriguez - Porto
Renato Augusto - Leverkeusen
Georgino Wijnaldum - Feyenoord
Zoran Tosic - CSKA
Danny - Zenit
Vladimir Bystrov - Zenit
Lewis Holtby - Schalke
Sotoris Ninis - Panathanaikos
Matias Fernandez - Sporting

hope this helps :)

skrtels bad is 11.3 maybe get another cb and sell him. i would recommend shawcross stoke cb get him for about 8 million

Last edited:
Back