• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 1K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
sGG8E.jpg

Liverpool sign Brazilian goalkeeper Alexander Doni from Roma as backup for first-choice Pepe Reina.

More...

Pleased with this signing, better than Jones anyway >.>

decent 2nd choice although i dont like the clip of him they keep showing on SSN saving Lampsy's long ranger.

Waste of time and money. He is well past it and was back-up at Roma. They are still going to keeping Jones anyway.

Waste of time and money. He is well past it and was back-up at Roma. They are still going to keeping Jones anyway.

We are? No we're not, Jones will leave, Gulacsi will go on loan to Hull, Hansen will be the reserve goalkeeper. He's not supposed to be amazing, he's a back-up, still he's better than Arsenal's goalkeepers...

We are? No we're not, Jones will leave, Gulacsi will go on loan to Hull, Hansen will be the reserve goalkeeper. He's not supposed to be amazing, he's a back-up, still he's better than Arsenal's goalkeepers...
You will keep Jones as he is home grown.

I think he's right tbh. Arsenal still need to address the goalkeeper situation imo.

no we have Woj has our #1 great goalkeeper and a great #2 in fabianski..

whats to address?

no we have Woj has our #1 great goalkeeper and a great #2 in fabianski..

whats to address?

It's hardly crammed with experience.

Not long ago everyone was berating Fabianski, he has had what.. half a good season? Still making a fair few mistakes. Also, he has the concentration levels of a child with alzheimer's.

Szczesny also, had what, half a season of top flight football, sure he's a good shot stopper, but there is more to being a goalkeeper than that. On the few times I saw him last season, he was often out of position, and I can't feel that he has much command of his penalty area, especially seeing the way you lost the cup final last season.

While I appreciate the need of a commanding CB at Arsenal, it couldn't hurt if you got a keeper that could come for crosses from set pieces without the worry that half way through coming out they develop a strong case of ADHD and decide that catching/punching the ball would be no fun, and instead, completely miss the ball, or back pedal towards the goal, only to get beaten from a header from 6 yards.

Until you have a top class goalkeeper, I can't see you having a chance at the title. You need someone you can depend upon in the pressure situations, neither of your keepers have done anything to prove they are up to that challenge.

Anyway, this should be a good signing for Pool, they need a strong back up, although Reina doesn't miss alot.

Back