Liverpool signs Aquilani

• Thread starter Thread starter SaintSinner
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 17
  • Views Views 3K

Will Aquilani be succesful at Liverpool?

• Yes- Hes a great player

Votes: 22 75.9%
  • No- Cant be able to gel with the team

Votes: 7 24.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SaintSinner

Reaction score
Liverpool has signed Roma midfielder Alberto Aquilani for £17m. Benitez has been quick to get replacement for Alonso. Give your comments.
More +

Havent seen much of him personally but ive heard hes a brilliant player and his FM stats arent bad :L
Im excited to see him play, also thats £13m more to add to the Striker fund :D

That was a quick replacement:)

Hes a quality buy hes got a shot on him aswell..arsenal falling behind in the summer as always. :@

hes good and alll but not as good as alonso tbh

hes alright from what i have seen from him but not as good as alonso can se liverpool struggling if mascherano goes aswell abd this isnt confirmed yet is it have seen on sky sports news that the clubs are just in talks?

its official. aquilani has agreed personal terms with liverpool. hes on his way to anfield. click here for full story.

hes alright from what i have seen from him but not as good as alonso can se liverpool struggling if mascherano goes aswell abd this isnt confirmed yet is it have seen on sky sports news that the clubs are just in talks?

Different type of players mate. Alonso stays deep to get the ball and then plays it direct/long. Aquilani stays further up the pitch and plays it short or carries it. We're moving to the style of play Rafa wanted to move to last summer. Love Alonso, but it's the right way forward.

If he can stay fit i reckon he will be a good buy but 20m was a bit much.

In this summer's transfer market, it's probably about right though Kris. If he hadn't had his injury problems he'd probably cost closer to 40 million. Bit of a gamble but if it pays off...

I reckon he has the potential to be better than alonso, anyone remember him at real sociadad, i odnt think he was as good there as aquilani is now. and they both moved at roughly the same stages in their career, there is no reason why aquilani cant eclipse what alonso did at liverpool
and i think he is a better player to have against the smaller teams as he is more attacking and can look for the shorter passes to unlock a defense, hes not a direct replacement in terms of style

I think he is a good signing i have seen him play 5-6 times and i really liked him but he cant replace alonso but he will do

he seems alright. doesn't score much but i can hardly talk as my hero is yet to score in a competitive match for us.

aquilani has been injured for 2 months. we will have to wait in order to find out his potential and how well he gels in with liverpool squad.

No idea what he's like, not really seen him play much. If he's anything like his FM 2009 counterpart however, he should be quite good. ;)

Should be fit enough for a few cameo appearances towards the end of this Month I think.

I think he's going to do fine. Give him a few months to adjust to English football and he'll be okay. But he may not be as good as Alonso was, only time will tell.

Back