Liverpool - Stoke

Ride The Walrus

A pretty cool guy.
Reaction score
As I wait for my Dad to get ready, I may as well make this :D
Spirits will be riding high today as Luis Suarez looks set for his Liverpool debut in front of the Kop. The Reds will play host to Stoke City after a protracted Transfer Sage involving Fernando Torres' departure to Chelsea and the arrival of both Suarez and Andy Carroll.

Carroll is still several matches away from his debut as the new Liverpool No. 9 having taken over the jersey that was made so famous by Ian Rush, Robbie Fowler, and also anti-hero Fernando Torres. The later looks to have burned any bridges he had left at the club with his comments over the past several days. Carroll has been confident in his interviews since the move telling LFC.tv that he was, "confident he would score goals for the club."

Carroll also commented on what he would bring to the club, "I'll bring as much as I can to the team - I'll score goals, create chances, hold up the ball and just try my best really."

Luis Suarez has stated nothing but desire and delight at being a Liverpool player. The new No. 7, last held by Robbie Keane and Harry Kewell, but brought to fame under the names of Kevin Keegan and current manager Kenny Dalglish, has made more fans than Torres, as he has heaped praise on his arrival to Liverpool saying, "My ambitions for the future are to do my very best for Liverpool, to try to learn more about English football and to become a champion."

"Liverpool is a very famous club - the most famous club in England - and I watched Liverpool and English football as a boy."

"It's a dream to be able to come and play here."

The humility that the young Uruguayan has shown to his former club Ajax as well has seen his former manager, Rik van den Boog, return the favor,

"Luis is going to bring the place alive because he is a street fighter," Van den Boog stated."

"He arrived here with a decent reputation but he was not a big player then. In the dressing room he soon stood up and became a leader. That's why he was special. When he goes on his travels to South America he always rushes back. Suarez is back on the training pitch the next morning when he has just flown around half the world for a game for Uruguay. He immediately puts his focus on his club again. We'll remember him for his incredible amount of goals and what he has done for the club."

Read more: http://technorati.com/sports/article/liverpool-vs-stoke-city-preview/#ixzz1CpPBuiX5

Good chance to continue our momentum.

2-0

Post a stream when there is one sil vous plait?

Liverpool line up - courtesy of Liverpool FCTV

Reina, Kyriakgos, Skrtel, Agger, Kelly, Johnson, Gerrard, Lucas, Merieles, Aurelio, Kuyt.

SUAREZ ON BENCH

Not 100% sure, sorry if wrong. I reckon this line up if this is right.

Reina
Kelly-Kyriakgos-Skrtel-Agger
Johnson-Lucas-Mereiles-Aurelio
Gerrard
Kuyt​

Ridiculous letting Suarez stay on the bench, I guess Kenny's saving him for the big match. Meh, should be playing Maxi IMO, but that's the formation I read out of it too LFCALLTHEWAY.

Think Suarez should start but may be best to rest him for chelsea match.
Im going for 3-1 to Liverpool.
Anybody got a stream for it??

P.s Suarez should definitely be on the bench. First competitive game in 2 months against Stoke. No thanks,

P.s Suarez should definitely be on the bench. First competitive game in 2 months against Stoke. No thanks,

Took me a remember to remember that after I was looking confounded at the teamsheet. And LFC.tv says we're playing 3-5-2. Im guessing it looks like

Reina
Kelly - Kygiakos - Agger
Johnson- Lucas-Skrtel - Gerrard - Aurelio
Kuyt - Mereiles

Thats what I can tell from the teamsheet (A)

I love having 2 tellies, got Stoke-Pool and Barcelona - Almeria, Spanish EPL coverage is well detailed and great to watch <3

Back