Tomtuck78

Reaction score
I have been tinkering constantly and cannot find something to stick with, any ideas?

I'm using a mix of a 4-4-2 diamond control and a 4-2-2-2 attacking and doing well, bar a terrible result away to Barca, and am top of the league in the first season.

The diamond uses two attacking wing backs. DMC (Lucas, Can or Gerrard) is playing as DLP. The CMs are a Box-to-box (Henderson) and a roaming playmaker (Coutinho or Allen - I was quite surprised by how well this works). Top of the diamond is Sterling as a Shadow Striker or Lallana/Coutinho as an advanced playmaker. Strikers are a Target Man, support (mostly Ballotelli) and a DLF, attack (mostly Borini as Sturridge has been injured)

The attacking formation switches the DM to an AMR, winger (Markovic) and drops the DR to a standard fullback duty. I quite like this asymmetric formation to take advantage of a good right winger, keep two strikers and acknowledge that my team doesn't have a traditional winger to play on the left.

In both formations I'm using short passing, ball retention and pressing with a high line.

I'm using a mix of a 4-4-2 diamond control and a 4-2-2-2 attacking and doing well, bar a terrible result away to Barca, and am top of the league in the first season.

The diamond uses two attacking wing backs. DMC (Lucas, Can or Gerrard) is playing as DLP. The CMs are a Box-to-box (Henderson) and a roaming playmaker (Coutinho or Allen - I was quite surprised by how well this works). Top of the diamond is Sterling as a Shadow Striker or Lallana/Coutinho as an advanced playmaker. Strikers are a Target Man, support (mostly Ballotelli) and a DLF, attack (mostly Borini as Sturridge has been injured)

The attacking formation switches the DM to an AMR, winger (Markovic) and drops the DR to a standard fullback duty. I quite like this asymmetric formation to take advantage of a good right winger, keep two strikers and acknowledge that my team doesn't have a traditional winger to play on the left.

In both formations I'm using short passing, ball retention and pressing with a high line.

Hey fm20 would you be able to post a tac.file on here of your tactic I'd love to try it out as I like the diamond formation