Liverpool - Targetman (2nd season)

• Thread starter Thread starter cruxify
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 1K

cruxify

Reaction score
I'm looking for a targetman to partner Torres in my diamond 442 formation but I'm also after one that can play advanced forward effectively. I'm having trouble on deciding who to go for though. I have a budget of 41m and I'm about 200k bellow my wage budget, I'm trying to toss up between:

Dzeko - obviously the best choice but his wages and sign on fee will be massive.
Hulk - really like Hulk, would he be better than the other choices though?
Carroll - cheaper than the other two and he can help with the HG quota
Cardozo
Necid

What do you guys think?

I know Dzeko's expensive but he's awesome

I had him as a target man on an Arsenal save and he went a season with something like 32 goals and 22 assists

Nothing better than a target man to set up and a poacher but chip in with a bag full as well

Other posters have given you great suggestions. From your own list, I'd say

Dzeko = Best,
Hulk = best for you if you want target man played to feet, but he's not so great in the air, if you need a striker (as you said you did) to play advanced attack as well though then Hulk is your man
Cardozo = Best value for money

Khouma Babacar is an animal! Or Romela Lukaku. Either of them would do a great job for you.

Fernando Llorente or Bas Dost are also nice TMs

llorente was very poor as a TM for my liverpool team, and he cost something like £26m. won't be buying him again. you could try the 11.3 patch - you get a nice TM in Carrol

Other posters have given you great suggestions. From your own list, I'd say

Dzeko = Best,
Hulk = best for you if you want target man played to feet, but he's not so great in the air, if you need a striker (as you said you did) to play advanced attack as well though then Hulk is your man
Cardozo = Best value for money

Well the targetman supply is set to mixed, Hulk does seem like a bit of a poor TM though. 13 jumping and 11 heading.

llorente was very poor as a TM for my liverpool team, and he cost something like £26m. won't be buying him again. you could try the 11.3 patch - you get a nice TM in Carrol

Already had a save started on the 11.2 database.

Roman Lukaku 17 years old from Anderlecht and a goal machine also a good target man

Back