Liverpool 'to shed debts' in deal

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 635

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Liverpool's prospective new owners confirm that they will unburden the club of debt if their takeover plans are accepted.

More...

the bad news keeps on coming... :P

i joke, in all seriousness as much as i hate Liverpool, i want them to be competitive, makes for a better league and certainly make the game between United and Liverpool a lot better.

yes but a bit fearful these might be like the last americans and does anyone know how rich they are?

yes but a bit fearful these might be like the last americans and does anyone know how rich they are?

Very rich.

I think the main guy (not sure of his name) is worth £840M.

As Stubbs said, as much as I hate Liverpool I want them to do better than they are and get out of trouble because it makes the games between us so much better.

Even looking at the Man City games. It was never hyped up before because they were always relegation candidates or a mid-table team and we were always expected to win comfortably. Now though, it's always hyped up and because of the money, it makes the players and the fans more passionate too. Makes it much better.

i'm not sure it matters as much how rich he is as it would've done a few seasons ago,
after all, next year we can only spend what we're making, which - without the debt i understand is a fair bit :)

also, i've been reading up on what american's think of this Henry guy, and they say he's a genuine guy who understands teams etc etc, and he's more of a 'i'll be quiet and just show you what i can do' kinda guy :)

the bad news keeps on coming... :P

i joke, in all seriousness as much as i hate Liverpool, i want them to be competitive, makes for a better league and certainly make the game between United and Liverpool a lot better.

exactly, and this is a point I've been trying to make to many of my mates. If Chelsea or Man U were to suddenly find themselves in a situation like ours has been where the club could easily cease to exist then I would not enjoy it despite my dislike :P for those clubs. If you are a true football fan then you do not enjoy the demise of other clubs, no matter your personal feelings for them. Thanks for saying that tho :)

Back to the OP, this is great news as we were paying the equivalent of 7 Torres' wages every week in interest payments. No wonder the owners were shedding our good players and replacing them with lesser players who have lower wages. Imagine how much better we'd be now if over the course of their ownership we hadn't paid roughly £130 million in interest and penalty payments.

To put it in perspective, Man U's team is worth circa £100 million more than ours...

Christmas come early for Liverpool fans?

Assuming the deal goes through that is, you'd hope the club isn't being bought with loaned money.

Back