Liverpool vs Chelsea:The big match

Status
Not open for further replies.

chelsea&jose

Reaction score
What could possibly go wrong for Chelsea?Nothing,not at the moment.What could possibly go wrong for Liverpool?Everything.Though Liverpool have won their past few matches,they still look weak and vulnerable.The Blues ,on the other hand,are top in the Premier League,boast world class players and quality subs and have an experienced and trusty Carlo Ancelotti.Liverpool are nothing compared to Chelsea.They have struggled time and time again and have low team morale.Roy Hodgson has been trying to improve team performances.Additionally he has also put a bold front when questioned about the Reds' morale but there's no denying that Liverpool are about to crack under the pressure with Hodgson threatened to be sacked if they don't improve.I just simply cannot see them beat Chelsea, as they will falter and stumble in the hands of Chelsea.Liverpool may be riding in confidence,building up momentum but everyone knows Chelsea have the quality Liverpool don't.Now i will list a few problems Liverpool face that may stop them from beating Chelsea and achieving greater successes.

Lack of quality subs-Just mediocre ones.
This is a very serious problem which has been ongoing for a few years.It is even more serious this year.Just look at the greatest teams in the world,or at least for this matter,Premier league champions.All of them have a great first XI.But more significantly,they have fantastic and competent subs ready to provide their services when the time comes.Liverpool do not even have a great first team.Sure there is El nino and Stevie G and Reina and maybe Carragher.Other than that,the rest are just "good but not good enough"players.I don't think i need to go on about the subs.They are just players of mediocre quality.This is a matter of paramount importance and if Roy Hodgson,or any other future Liverpool coach fail to resolve this problem,they are doomed to fail again and again and again...never reaching complete success.For now,this can't be changed and Chelsea would capitalise on it.

Roy Hodgson.
Yes,it is.Thought you read wrongly,well read it again.Roy Hodgson.From the start i never put my hopes too high for this fromer Inter milan coach.His transfer signings are bizzare and weird.He plays them in awkward positions and have not impressed too much with his performances in the premier league.As i've talked about this in my previous topic,I won't want to dwell to much in to it.To put it in a simpler way,I do not believe he is the one who can bring Liverpool to success and with his performances,he may well get ready to leave.Some people may say he has improved liverpool's performances but whether he can maintain it and bring it to greater heights remains to be seen.He is definitely not as competent as former manager Rafa Benitez and his optimism and smile in interviews makes me think if he's putting on a bold front to divert attention from the low and diminishing team morale.

Tactics!Tactics!Tactics!
Liverpool have not found the right formation or style of play.This,i believe is one of the most serious problems.Without a good and trusty tactical formation,no one can succeed.I must say i'm quite disappointed in roy Hodgson for just taking each game as it comes,throwing in some mundane and ordinary formation without putting in much thought to it.This is completely opposite to some of the top managers in the world who play smart and tactical.I don't blame Roy entirely,he does not have the best players and for now,have to stick with many players who have very little quality.But at the very least,Roy could have put some heart and soul into the searching for th perfect formation for Liverpool.When i watch Liverpool play,i see them playing and passing the ball with little flair,they don't create,they pass the ball squarely,and they wait for a chance to attack and score.The wingers are employed in positions where it is difficult to advance and surge forward,the striker David N'gog is not the best of finishers and definitely far from clinical.Liverpool have very few good players and the movement of Liverpool on the pitch is lacklustre and slow.Chelsea will completely dominate the game both physically and tactically.
Game-8+Chelsea2-0Liverpool+Anelka.png

I certainly do think that Chelsea have the upper hand in almost every aspect.They should be confident going into the match and have nothing big to worry about.Chelsea are a masterpiece themselves,they are formidable and have a hard rock solid defence with a host of attacking options.Their past track record against the Reds are good and there is absolutely no reason for Chelsea to lose.If all goes well for Chelsea,they will bask in the glory knowing that they have beaten Liverpool yet again.For Liverpool,it will be a much different story.Chelsea to win 2-0.

Last edited:
Lol I feel sorry for you that you've posted all this and it will now be closed as there's already a thread for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back