Liverpool vs Fulham

Jack Fulham

Reaction score
Barclays Premier League
Venue: Anfield Date: Saturday, 18 December Kick-off: 1730 GMT

Coverage: Watch live on ESPN and highlights on Match of the Day; listen on BBC Radio 5 live, BBC Radio Merseyside 95.8 FM, 1485 MW and DAB and talkSPORT; text commentary on BBC Sport website and mobiles

Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard is set to return after a month on the sidelines with a hamstring problem.

Fernando Torres is back after being rested in midweek, while David Ngog is fit despite missing the draw with FC Utrecht because of a cut to his eye.

Fulham forward Moussa Dembele has returned to Belgium to seek further treatment on an ankle injury, but could return against West Ham on Boxing Day.

Matthew Briggs remains out following calf surgery earlier this month.

Five months after swapping Fulham for Liverpool, Reds manager Roy Hodgson has yet to win over the Anfield faithful. Inconsistent form, particularly away from home, has been the main source of frustration, but some of Hodgson's comments have also irked fans.

Having already angered some Kopites with his meek reaction to defeat in the Merseyside derby, Hodgson invited further criticism with his team selection against FC Utrecht on Wednesday.

The manager apologised before kick-off for misleading supporters, having initially indicated Fernando Torres would start the Europa League dead rubber before changing his mind, leaving the Spaniard on the bench. Hodgson's makeshift side drew the match 0-0, providing little pre-Christmas cheer for a crowd of almost 38,000.

Hodgson this week received qualified support from John W Henry, although the Liverpool owner admitted results in 2010 had been "unacceptable". While the Reds boast impressive form at Anfield, where they have gone over seven hours without conceding in league and cup, Hodgson's side have rarely impressed on their travels; last weekend's tame defeat at Newcastle was their sixth loss in eight away league games.

Fulham have never won at Liverpool, although under Hodgson they did hold the Reds to goalless draws on their last two trips to Anfield. Mark Hughes' side begin the weekend above the relegation zone on goal difference despite losing only five of their first 17 league games, the same number as Arsenal. Like Hodgson, Hughes says he does not fear the axe, insisting chairman Mohamed Al Fayed is sympathetic to the Whites' plight, particularly the long-term absence of key striker Bobby Zamora.

The fact that this game is postponed is a joke, one of the biggest teams in the country can't host a match because of a bit of snow, that's poor. I'm starting to think that Roy is scared at the prospect of losing to his old club lol.

When this match does get played i'm feeling a win for Fulham against what has been a shocking Liverpool team this season.

I was really looking forward to this game.

Just watching Woy do another angry facerub would have been the best way to kick off the weekend.

The fact that this game is postponed is a joke, one of the biggest teams in the country can't host a match because of a bit of snow, that's poor. I'm starting to think that Roy is scared at the prospect of losing to his old club lol.

When this match does get played i'm feeling a win for Fulham against what has been a shocking Liverpool team this season.

I think the reason why it's been postponed is because of crowd safety and the roads within the area surrounding anfield so its not really a joke to care about the fans. Disapointed this has been called off because I thought it would have been a great game

I think the reason why it's been postponed is because of crowd safety and the roads within the area surrounding anfield so its not really a joke to care about the fans. Disapointed this has been called off because I thought it would have been a great game

What a load of tosh lol, if Liverpool (or any other club for that matter) cared about their fans they would reduce their ticket prices not postpone games, besides i really don't see why people go crazy over a bit of snow i'm a driver myself and in these conditions i adjust my driving accordingly.

But this is a thread about Liverpool vs Fulham, so that's enough from me.

Last edited:

You've not seen the amount of surrounding snow then. The pitch is fine, but it's a hazard in the surrounding zone.

Back