Liverpool!

• Thread starter Thread starter liamshaw9
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 839

liamshaw9

Reaction score
I have started with Liverpool and played only 1 game (won v Tottenham) and right away i noticed that they have players that are on massive wages and arnt that good. This could cripple their finances. ive never played with them so i was wondering if anyone has some advice on who to sell, buy; ways to make the finances better?

Signings:

Branescu
Jali
Vrsaljko
Fierro
Torres (not the Fernando unfortunetly)

Sold:
Brad Jones
Suso

So, any ideas on ways to go about this!

Ahh I've started many a game with Liverpool so I hope I can help..

Basically what I try and do is, as soon as I can, offload the older/weaker players. Think for the future. The team isn't good enough to challenge straight away, unless your using a tactic made by someone. Personally I don't so.

Players like; Kuyt, Bellamy, Maxi, Carragher, Cole, Doni etc. All go for me. Bellamy is good for a season, 2 at a push. The rest can be replaced by younger/better players, who want less wages.

Also, make sure to sell Aqualiani when he returns in the second season.

Back to the future thinking. I try to involve alot of youngsters as much as I can. Spearing and Shelvey get alot of game time for me, as do Danny Wilson, Martin Kelly and Jack Robinson. I try to loan out the majority of others so they can get match time in the lower leagues.

First major signing I try and make is a striker, someone who can finish and isn't Andy Carroll. Usually for me, its Cavani. Get him at the beginning of your second season if you can. Should be able to afford him then. The amount of goals he'll get you is unreal.

First season, just make sure you get CL and also FA or League Cup. Brings in some extra money to counter act the massive wage bill. Try to renew peoples contracts, but offer less wages and better bonuses. Bonuses aren't a guarenteed payout every week.

Just a few more hinters. I find Suarez is quality playing as an Inside Forward in an AML role. Scores and creates for fun. Downing is poor, sell. After a good striker, wingers are top priority. Gerrard, Lucas, Adam and Spearing gives you good enough cover for DM/CM/AMC. Kelly, Flanagan and Robinson give good full back cover also.

Andre Ayew is a good signing. He's got a £11.25m release clause so not too expensive. If you can afford either Hummels or Subotic from Dortmund after a year or 2 aswell then your onto a winner.

Very helpful information!

I do agree that getting a striker would be useful, however Carroll has been doing okay for me so far!
I did get a report on Ayew and am looking to bring him in asap!
I sent most of the youngsters to feeder clubs for gaurentieed game time but kept some and brought in a few but i agree at the end of the season i will ship out players such as downing, maxi, adam etc and try bring in young quality!

THANKYOU!

I personally don't sell many players, i kept Carragher/Reina/Gerrard/Agger/Adam etc until they retired, only players i really sold were people like Carroll, Skrtel (when he was old), Suarez eventually as he wanted to go, he was like 32 at the time, and any other wantaways, finances are normally fine, i only started getting less money like 13 years in and then i got taken over and now i have a new 71k seater stadium and 160m to spend.

Back