Liverpool's backroom staff...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ride The Walrus

A pretty cool guy.
Reaction score
Does anyone know what is going on? Benitez took some of his staff with him, apparently, and we're into pre-season, and I have no clue :S I hope Sammy Lee gets told to **** off, though (6)

apparently lee wil stay for the forseeable future...

Most of the Spanish staff have left. The youth coaches Rafa brought in have stayed so far and we've had an Aussie invasion with the medical and fitness staff. We also robbed Spurs' club doctor.

Check the club website mate - there's a fairly up-to-date list of our backroom staff. Not many left.

Most of the Spanish staff have left. The youth coaches Rafa brought in have stayed so far and we've had an Aussie invasion with the medical and fitness staff. We also robbed Spurs' club doctor.

Check the club website mate - there's a fairly up-to-date list of our backroom staff. Not many left.

This. Also why did you want Sammy Lee to leave?

He's not a very good assistant manager in my opinion :S

Fair enough, I did think we missed Pako Ayesteran like. At least Sammy has a bit of passion for the club, I'm pleased he's been given a coaching role.

Needed to wipe out all the Spanish backroom staff there are well too many. Think roy should bring his own assistant in and just have sammy lee on the coaching staff. As for the rest of the staff i dont know too much about them so i wont comment.

Needed to wipe out all the Spanish backroom staff there are well too many. Think roy should bring his own assistant in and just have sammy lee on the coaching staff. As for the rest of the staff i dont know too much about them so i wont comment.

They've all gone except Eduardo Macia (scout). I am pretty sure Hodgson will be bringing in his own selection of backroom staff.

They've all gone except Eduardo Macia (scout). I am pretty sure Hodgson will be bringing in his own selection of backroom staff.

Just wondering who is the academy manager now at Liverpool ?? I know it was Steve Heighway but don't know who it is now ?

What can you expect him to do though?

Tbh I don't see how you can just say "Yeah, he's a good assitant".. "He's *****"

Maybe on FM like but not irl?
Well, I think that a good assistant manager can really do a different. It is a very importante role, the assistant manager is the eyes and ears of the coach, he is more involved with the players than he is. We had in Pako Ayestaran an outstanding assistant, not only he knows a lot of tactic but also he is really good in the physical aspect.
It 's a pitty Rafa is such a resentful person and told him to **** off, just because he did what everyone would have done. He had the chance to be the manager of Athletic Bilbao, but then the candidate that wanted him didn't won.

Fair enough, I did think we missed Pako Ayesteran like. At least Sammy has a bit of passion for the club, I'm pleased he's been given a coaching role.

Agree with you Ben. Xavi Valero is a loss too.

Just on the Pako thing - it was a trust issue between them and the working relationship broke down because it was no longer there. Huge loss but it does happen in football.

Mr.Hodgson's former staff at Fulham are, by all accounts, not too keen on moving up North. Big Sami is rumoured to have been offered a coaching role when his current playing contract runs out in Germany and it's something which was said would be happening even before he left. Hope he does return in some capacity as he'd run through brick walls for the club and is absolute class as a person.

Sammy Lee knows the club inside out. People may or may not like him, but he knows his stuff and doesn't deserve getting slated for doing a decent job. ****, the man tried to get Bolton playing football - balls of steel on him :D

Just on the Pako thing - it was a trust issue between them and the working relationship broke down because it was no longer there. Huge loss but it does happen in football.

Mr.Hodgson's former staff at Fulham are, by all accounts, not too keen on moving up North. Big Sami is rumoured to have been offered a coaching role when his current playing contract runs out in Germany and it's something which was said would be happening even before he left. Hope he does return in some capacity as he'd run through brick walls for the club and is absolute class as a person.

Sammy Lee knows the club inside out. People may or may not like him, but he knows his stuff and doesn't deserve getting slated for doing a decent job. ****, the man tried to get Bolton playing football - balls of steel on him :D
I lol'd
I'll be fine for Lee to stay, only if he's not our assistant manager

And he failed epically.

Well, I think that a good assistant manager can really do a different. It is a very importante role, the assistant manager is the eyes and ears of the coach, he is more involved with the players than he is.

Yeah I know what you mean like but I just don't see who we are to judge whether he's good or not. We don't know how much work he does or doesn't do.

And he failed epically.

He did yeah :D

Brian Kidd and Quelroz haven't done too well as managers either. Both remain excellent number twos though ;)

---------- Post added at 05:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:15 AM ----------

I lol'd
I'll be fine for Lee to stay, only if he's not our assistant manager

Rumours are around that Mike Kelly is wanted but Jol dicking Fulham about has meant that Fulham won't give permission yet. Pinch of salt as required, but person saying it does have links with the coaching staff so may well be true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back