Kwixx

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm wondering what you guys think. Alright, last season Steven Gerrard's attributes have really began to diminish, hes often injured and he's in his last year of contract. I have managed to bring in Christian Eriksen but his performances this season haven't been too great but some games he has shown sheer brilliance. Of course with Eriksen the potential and age is on his side but should i give him next season to step up and replace Gerrard or shall i give Gerrard a new contract and allow Eriksen another year to develop.

I'd also like some suggestions on replacements for both Dirk Kuyt and Jamie Carragher. I am also on a lookout for a holding midfielder who can be rotated with Lucas Leiva but who is younger than Lucas and maybe is in a similiar mold (Lucas has been excellent for me.) Also i am not a huge fan of bringing in players of ages 25+ unless they are a player i like or they are just brilliant.

Just so you know I'm in my second season now. I have around £20M to spend currently as well.

So what i am looking for is;

1) A replacement for Steven Gerrard.
2) A replacement for Jamie Carragher.
3) A replacement for Dirk Kuyt.
4) A young holding midfielder with potential to replace Lucas Leiva in the future maybe age 18-21.

Last edited:
Well you have Henderson ho can step in for Gerrard to be rotated with Ericsson. Sotoris Ninis is a good replacement if you feel the need to.
I prefer to give Coates, Kelly and Wilson a chance at CB. Id also suggest looking at Mark Munsea(sp) from barcelona and usually available for about £2M.
Well you cant go wrong with the likes of Vladimir Weiss or Kiko from Barcelona to replace Kuyt.
Andrea Poli is an excellent shout if Inter didnt snap him up after his loan. to take over from Lucas.

If you take a player for each position it shouldnt cost £20M.

Coates has been brilliant, Martin Kelly has been sold and also i feel Danny Wilson's development has been stunted by me being unable to give him much first team football in the prior season currently he's on loan. I'll take a peak at Mark Munsea, Vladmir Weiss and Andrea Poli.

I've been scouting Kiko and he looks excellent so i'll be looking to bring him in come January.