omnomnom

Reaction score
The best way to play any manager game is to play in lower leagues. It will provide a more rewarding game, more challenges and in the end make you a better manager. So, for anyone who fancies a go with LLM, I've created a survival guide. Enjoy!

Check the squad out
If that sounds too obvious to mention, you'd be right. The amount of people who don't check a squad properly is staggering. Have a look at each player individually, and decide what formation you want to use (I'll go over formations in a bit). The most important part of the team is the spine (DC's, MC's and ST's). Don't worry too much about technical attributes, look at the physical attributes and work your team out from there.

Lets talk tactics, baby
Tactics are VERY important at LLM level. The biggest tip I can offer is don't overcomplicate things. Don't bother too much with AMR/L's and WB's because things will go pear shaped. The positioning attributes are never good enough to keep a formation and everything ends up in tears.

I'm always a bit wary of people telling you the best formation to win in a league. A formation should fit the players, not the other way round. Personally, I'd say Keep it at a 4-4-2. It depends on the team. Have a striker on the bench, as well as a DMC and a DC. If you go a goal or 2 up, change formation to something more defensive (i.e a 5-4-1) and just shut up shop.

I would only ever give running arrows to the ML and MR. Don't get your centre mids running about because they won't be fit enough stamina wise. Keep it simple!

Play with a target man. Get someone up front with attributes for strength, finishing and heading. Don't worry about pace. Just whip crosses in all day long.

Transfer time
Buy a striker. Even if you don't think you need one, spend as much as you can on the best you can get. If you only have 100k and you buy a left back, you are an idiot. Yes he may have good stats or whatever, but left backs don't get promotion. I reccomend you buyMoises, you can get him for 50k, maybe even a bit less.

Completely ignore whatever your assistant manager says about weakest players. He is a pleb and his opinion is not valid about anything. He is only there to send to press conferences after the novelty has worn off.

If you have anything left, get a centre mid. Preferably one with good influence and good mental attributes.

Now for the loans. Loan another striker from the reserves of a big club. Sturridge is always a good one if you can get him. Next loan a centre back with good marking and tackling attributes. I'll explain why in a second. You may also want to loan a pacy ML or MR with decent crossing attributes.

How do I know what "decent" is for this league?
That's the issue most people have. So I've made a little rule. For every division you are lower than the premiership, add 1.5 to each technical stat to give you their premiership equivalent. This is not set in stone, it's just to help you recognise good players in their respective division.

So for example, you are in Blue Square Prem and you buy a striker with heading stats of 11, finishing of 10 and off the ball of 13. Thats 4 divisions lower than the Prem, so add 6 to each stat. It's like buying a premiershp player with 17 heading, 16 finishing and 17 off the ball, who would be pretty lethal.

Against the opposition

Remember that centreback with good marking and tackling? Use him to mark the oppositions key striker. Give him orders for closing down and to show onto weaker foot. This is effective in terms of stopping the other team playing.

Right, those are the 5 main poins of LLM. Let me know what you think!

that will be useful for me as my last attempt went down the drain , i got sacked and then got offered a job from sheffield united. 5th in league but will def now try another LLM
Thank you (Y):)

Cheers mate this is really helpful, im now going to start a LLM career just don't now whether to go to Kings Lynn or Chelsford.

How can increase my total amount of coaches at the club? Because at King's Lynn, I have a limit of 1, and can't bring in any good coaches...

Same with me at Braintree! Extremely frustrating :mad:

LLM = Low League Managers/Management

awryt lol. i dont usaly go in the LL but i go for like the little clubs in the top leagues like west brom and motherwell

Yeah, I enjoy managing bottom teams in the high leagues but not as much as LLM. LLM rocks, best way to play the game!

I agree with the guide on assistants, he says I should offload one of my Reserve team players, which I gave a contract to, as soon as possible. He's an excellent target man for my level, only 19 as well, has played well in the couple of games he's played, been influencial, shame he's a slow as a snail...

Last edited:
How can increase my total amount of coaches at the club? Because at King's Lynn, I have a limit of 1, and can't bring in any good coaches...

Instead of searcing for coaches with whatever training stat your after, look for assistant managers with it. Offer them a coach role then when they sign their contract, offer them a new one as assistant manager.

With Braintree town, I completely agree with that, my assistant is an idiot. He is also captain on the first team and for some reason every time I ask assistant to pick team he picks himself....lol
With Notts County though, my assistant is fairly good. He could be better but he'll do for now. He makes some very good decisions for me.

I agree with the guide on assistants, he says I should offload one of my Reserve team players, which I gave a contract to, as soon as possible. He's an excellent target man for my level, only 19 as well, has played well in the couple of games he's played, been influencial, shame he's a slow as a snail...

What's even worse for the assistant manager is that he tells me he's a central midfielder. Well, he can play there, and in central defence, but he's a natural forward, according to his positions.

I have 3 players in the wrong squad - 1 Reserve player in U18s and 2 U18s in the senior squad. I keep telling them to move to their correct squad, but they don't move. Why can't I move them, even though it tells me they are in their correct squad?

Quality guide mate i was using a 4-1-4-1 with tranmere and it wasnt working, was 20th half way through the season, made a simple 4-4-2 and won in the playoff final against those leeds united scum was so pleased

Same with me at Braintree! Extremely frustrating :mad:
I'm Braintree too, get Gourlay for 1k in the first season.

---------- Post added at 08:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:10 AM ----------

Asistants don't have any brains and patience. They say all youngsters are rubbish except like Messi. And if you tell your player to move then it doesn't, it takes time: click on someones profile and then click off. Done!!!! Hope I helped.

---------- Post added at 08:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 AM ----------

With Braintree town, I completely agree with that, my assistant is an idiot. He is also captain on the first team and for some reason every time I ask assistant to pick team he picks himself....lol
With Notts County though, my assistant is fairly good. He could be better but he'll do for now. He makes some very good decisions for me.
Brad Quinton is a good player (not that i play him) but is a **** assistant and you can't sack him as assistant without him going as player too.