LLM Advice - Braintree Town (Started Unemployed)

Finn

Reaction score
I wanted to play the most realistic way possible by starting unemployed with a past experience of Sunday League Player. I applied for just about every job going but was unsuccessful with all except Braintree Town.
So my story begins here in the lowest of the low, the slums of English 6th tier football. With not enough money to sign a cup of tea, not alone a quality player! I am coming 8th after 4 games, a position that is exactly what the media expect of us. However I plan to gain promotion to BSP at the end of the season. My best result was 3-2 away to AFC Wimbledon.

My budget :

Transfer :
Start of Season : 6K
Remaining : 2K
(Used 4K on terminating contracts of useless players/staff)

Salary :
Budget : 5,468 p/w
Spending : 5,160 p/w

My squad is tiny so I would like reccomendations on quality signings for BSS. Preferably free transfers with low wage demands.
I would appreciate financial/tactical advise if anyone has any either, thanks!

Not long at all, Braintree offered the second I applied, but I delayed it for a week in case I got a better job offer!

I went up to 4th in the league, but lost my last game so I'm back to 8th again. Through to the second round of the Conference League Cup after beating St. Albans 2-1 away. Anyone have any suggestions?

try asking the board for a parent club, then you might get some good loans in

Tried and failed :(
Board agreed but no-one was interested!

Have a thing for beating AFC Wimbledon away :D
Beat them 2-1 away in the FA cup qualifiers :D

Try getting some young loanees from Champ downwards. Don't use the seach, go into the reserves and see who they've got about. Try clubs close to Braintree. Ie, London clubs or Ipswich/Norwich. Hopefully that helps! :)

Thanks Tommo!
What exactly do you mean Tiraths? lol

Im now into my 6th season with Kings Lynn after starting with a budget if £0, and a wage budget of £6k p/week.
I basically released the whole squad because of how bad they were!
Some quality free signings were:
Marvin Robinson - ST
Wayne Graves - MRC - Won player of the year
Sagi Burton - DC
Michael Nardiello - ST
Michael Byrne - AML

Also, you can trawl through the Irish and N.Irish leagues, as they frequently produce decent regens that can be signed for free!

If you also sign Darren Barnard from Camberley, he is 37 but has good stats. You can get him for £80-120 p/w. Just offer 35% of next fee.

You can also sign Neil Harvey from Macclesfield reserves for £0. He has decent stats and will get you 15 goals per season.

Also, look at the England Trial Days. There are some good players to be had there, not amazing stats, but good enough for Braintree.

Finn, just as an extra. A decent coach called Hans Jorritsma. National reputation, but will come to you on a P/T contract for about £150 p/w.

Hope this helps.

Thanks man! Thats great help! I'll check them all out!