Kieran Davie

Reaction score
View attachment 451157

Managed to get Chester promoted with this formation via Play offs and also won the English FA Trophy

Took me at least 10 games to find the right formation for lower league teams and this did cost me in the long run as i fell behind to the league leaders by 10 points. Did eventually get promoted via the Play offs beating Grimsby 1-0 over two legs and then beating Cambridge 2-0 in the Wembley final.

So the formation is a 4312 formation

GK
CB - Defend
FBs - Support
RCM - BWM
CM - DLP
LCM - BBM
CAM - AP
RS - TM
LS - Poacher

Mentality is control and fluid

if you want the formation i can always upload it for you :)

Players for the Skrill League and also League 2

My first signing was Pavol Suhaj an absolute tank of a player in the Poacher role. Scores goals for fun as he scored 24 in 37 games. I haven't renewed his contract for League 2

The Target Man i got on a loan deal in January (Matt Rhead) from Mansfield. Big and strong forward able to hold the ball up for midfielders and also a beast in the air. He contributed with 15 goals in 22 games. Signed him on a free contract in July 2014

John Summer i brought in as my Advanced playmaker and that worked as a treat as he was the most surprising buy of the lot as he managed to get 19 assists in 40 games. Lost this player on a free transfer unfortunately

Another good player to buy is Lee Hendrie, he has lots of experience and can do a great job in any of the positions weather it be CAM or CM, you can pick Lee up on a free and is well worth it.

In January i signed the one and only Chester legend KEVIN ELLISON on a loan deal. Put him up front played him as a poacher and got me to the final of the English FA Trophy.

Danny Higginbottom is an absolute beast in the heart of defence and has a rock solid partnership with Samba Kanoute.

Samba Kanoute you can get on a free and is quality defender for the Skrill league. i have kept him for League 2 so i will let you know if he is also decent in professional league.

Also a few good midfielders to look at are Dwayne Mattis and Darren Murphy both exceptional players for Skrill League however they did get injured half way through the season but if you keep them fit you're going to be heading for League 2.

Currently about to start league 2 now so i will let you know about possible transfers, formations and also staff

Last edited:
Thank you for such an informative opening post. Very helpful.

i doubt that ppl will even bother to download ur tactic without any info on it, or SS's. cmon m8 dont be lazy!

Rory Delap and Pascal Chimbonda are great signings for League 2 as they can still do a very good job

your tactic is control mate and you dont have any player instructions.

League 2 i got promoted via play offs. Was sitting nicely at the top of the league at the start of January but then managed to draw 6 consecutive matches, win 3 and lose 3 which made finish 5th respectively.

so in the past 5 days i have managed to get through 3 seasons. my first season didnt go great in League 1 and struggled finishing just above relegation zone. My second season in league 1, i was able to sign some quality players for League 1 level and had an easy promotion claiming the League title.

Now in the Championship and once again finding it a real challenge to attract players to the club, currently fighting a relegation battle and lying in 20th