Church89

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've just started a new game as York City FC. I like a challenge and nothing makes me feel better than reaching the top flight with a team that is truly your own.

Many managers have tipped me for promotion, and the board is expecting this accordingly.

On the PSP my 3-5-2 tactic worked like a charm, but on FM for the pc- not so much.

I want to develop a tactic that doesn't use RD and LD because for some reason, I seem to really, really not like using them in my system. Also since I use lower league players I feel that using central defenders and giving them limited roles will get the best out of them.

Alas, I'm in 12th place and my position is under fire. I haven't been able to produce decent results with this tactic, losing even to a Blue Square North team.

I've read that keeping it simple in the LL is essential, keeping the pitch wide etc.

I use 5 midfielders so I reckon it's a bit crowded out there, but it should enable to use the width of the pitch, correct? I also get alot of feedback from my assistant saying that the gap between the midfield and the attackers is too big. I've tried using an AMC but this doesn't really bring in the results.

I use a very fluent tactic, but I think this is not meant for LL's.

Bottom line is, is there anyone who can advise me on how to use a 3-5-2 tactic that can actually produce results?

Thank you in advance,

Philip

I got york into the champ on last years with a 4-4-2, but im not sure about this year
you do have to make sure you are defensively solid so i personally wouldnt go for 3 defenders

We All Love GASH

Lower league, i normally stick to a solid 4-4-2 or 4-5-1.Both of these have worked well over the last 2 Fm's

Thank you for your replies.

I am really keen on trying out a tactic with 3 defenders that will work. Maybe I wil have to start and develop my own. I'm sure there is a way to make a 3 headed defensive line work!

I certainly have a weak spot for York FC. I don't know why, but who cares.

wot style tactic do you guys use then as im struggling with port vale i wana use a 442 aswell

I use to adjust my tactics to the players I've got available right now, using a 4-2-3-1 with Gateshead

---------- Post added at 06:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:52 AM ----------

Take a look on the advices on player types and try to find a tactic that match your players.

This 5-3-2 tactic is very interesting, but also very frustrating. I often draw, and by often, I mean 4-5 times in a row, and then I lose with big numbers or win with 1 or 2 goals difference.

I solved the gap between the midfield and attack by changing the mentality of my attackers to defensive and my CM to attacking. But I never see smooth attacks in midfield, even though I have 5 midfielders there.

My 3 defenders manage to stay up pretty well, it is not often that I get goals against.

But I really need to tweak something to make my midfield and attackers work together and set up an attacking machine.

Anyone got any tips on this?