Reaction score
Hi everybody!

First of all, sorry for my bad english, but i have to try my chance in here because I couldn't find a solution in my native language forums.

I have original Football manager 2014 game.

a few months ago, i started a career and after I reached the date about 2020s, suddenly my savegames couldnt be loaded. But there is no such an error "the game couldnt be loaded". Loading bar fills just a little bit, and waits forever. I check the task manager, but it says its running. Not a sign of that the game doesnt response. Also because of i play in window mode, when i try to X button to close the game, it asks me "are you sure to quit the game?", so it is another signal that the game responses i think.

anyway, i couldnt solve that problem at that time, I had to reformat my computer these days, so i did it. After i installed FM 2014 back, I started a new career, and again, when I reach 2020(dont remember the exact dates, but dont think they are the same dates), same problem happens again. I reinstall the game back, deleted all regedit, documents, appdata...etc files about fm 2014, but it doesnt help at all. I always save my games properly, dont turn off the computer till saving game is done. Besides, my autosave makes 3 files roll, so if it is a problem about one of those saved games, why cant i open the other ones? And also this time, I moved one of my saved games(which i couldnt load) in my friends laptop, and his computer has opened my save game properly.

I don't want to start a new carrier, I want to find a solution for this. Because I am not even sure if my career will be broken once again or not.

Any help please?

Thanks.

edit: there is no problem to start new career.

Last edited:
Hello,

Make sure your game is the latest version and all patched, check your Steam to get new patches with fixed bugs and glitches.

Also, try to copy all the FM folders from your friend's into your computer to test whether the problem is at your Football Manager files or your computer system.

Hope it helps, thanks.

Hello,

Make sure your game is the latest version and all patched, check your Steam to get new patches with fixed bugs and glitches.

Also, try to copy all the FM folders from your friend's into your computer to test whether the problem is at your Football Manager files or your computer system.

Hope it helps, thanks.

Hello again;

I had a ticket at sega's technical issues page. They offered me to update latest drivers for my graphic card and then restart the computer. I updated it, and while restarting I haven't skipped the scanning&fixing errors for windows. I had skipped it for a long time. Then the problem has been solved. I am not sure it is about the driver or scanning errors, but this way, my problem has been solved.

Hello,

I believe your issue came from your computer system. And I'm glad it has been solved now.

Cheers!