Loan or Reserve team?

• Thread starter Thread starter Forder22
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 4K

Forder22

Reaction score
Hey guys, im currently managing Manchester City and im just about to start my second season. i have about 5/6 players which have been promoted to the reserve team from thr youth team and im wondering what i should do with them?

i have very good training facilities (just upgraded too) and i have joined the reserve league.

so my question is, is it better to keep these players because there getting good training from me and playing frequently in the reserves or should i loan them out to other clubs? also what should i look for in a club when loaning a player out?

thanks in advance for your answers

i personally would sell them..even if you can get 1 to 2 mil, you can raise a lot of money from that. If you're unlikely to ever use them in your first team, sell them. What I do with youth/regens who are future stars is keep them in my senior side, so i can play them from time to time while i also make them available for the reserve side. i find that works well for me. (this is for 17-18 yr olds btw).

They all have the potential to be first team players because i bought a lot of youth players, i just want to see what is the best way to devlop them the best.

Loan them for a season but ONLY if the loaning club says he will be a valuable first team member, after one season on loan you should promote them to the first team but make them available for reserves and you can play them in cup matches.

What I do in Brazil is get a feeder club in the second division, and just send them there. I also have another feeder club which is one of the top clubs in Peru on my game, but both places they get good game time. I'd send them to a feeder club if i was you.

They all have the potential to be first team players because i bought a lot of youth players, i just want to see what is the best way to devlop them the best.

then either loan them out, or make sure they're getting game time in your reserve/youth team. once they're 17-18, play them as often as possible in your senior squad. because it is definitely playing time with the senior squad that affects how good a young player turns out to be. he must be playing plenty of games every season wherever he is. the problem with sending out to feeder clubs is that they rarely play them, no matter how good they are. i've always had that problem. but you could try sending them out anyway and see if they're getting game time, and if not, call them back :D

I would put them in the senior squad but be available for the reserves. I personally dont loan out my future prospects untill after i have had them tutored to gie them a better personality and determination. Then after tutoring i will loan them out. I find that they perform better out on loan after they have been tutored.
When loaning I look at the clubs facilites to make sure they are not much of a drop from my own. Also I check their manager and whether my player will be a Valuable first team member.

Back