W4FC B3N

Reaction score
Just started a season with Wigan on the new patch. Looking to strengthen my defense for the upcoming season with a solid loanee..

Any advice on the best person for me to loan to replace Steve Caldwell? I only have about £1m - £1.5m to spend so I can't see me being able to buy a new defender with that unless someone knows of a player I can get for that price? Just looking for a solid first season and to avoid relegation.

View attachment 142748

in my first season with wigan i signed dodo for 1.3mil. got rid off kirkland and brought in vincent enyeama. i think i played gohouri and gary caldwell at the back, seemed to work for me. oh and i sold figueroa for 3.5 because he is s***

Gary is injured though isn't he. I've put Jordi Gomez up for sale and will probably sell Kirkland so thinking now I may have a few more millions for a couple of new signings. I'll have a look at Dodo and Enyeama though, cheers!

no problem, anything for a fellow wiganer :P but for the first 1-2 season i focused mainly on rebuilding my defence and it did the job. i think i got michael turner from sunderland 2nd season and some brazilian guy and they were rocks at the back. just focus on your defence and you should be fine

If you are only looking for someone short term them bug Booth could do a job, cant remember who he plays for but you can get him for 100k ish.
Search or look at the South Africa National team

Well from selling players I have £3m+ to spend now and would invest a lot of that on a long-ish term CB. Still got Kirkland to sell yet though so could have about £4m to spend.

Back